What's new

Canada's Wonderland | Yukon Striker | B&M Dive Coaster

Catmaydo

Roller Poster
I got the opportunity to ride Yukon Striker yesterday, and in my opinion it's a perfect addition for Canada's Wonderland. They were lacking a decent, modern multi-looper and this really makes up for the Arrow and Vekoma offerings. Incidentally, the first time I rode Flight Deck two years ago, it wasn't too bad...yesterday it battered me senseless.

As for the actual ride experience of Yukon Striker...well, it somehow doesn't feel as big as it is off ride partly due to being in close proximity to two other massive coasters. When you're at the top however, it feels immense. You get plenty of time to take in the view because the time from the holding brake engaging, holding and release is about ten seconds. If you've experienced a dive coaster before the drop is like any other, except that this one feels like it goes on for ages, and the tunnel under Vortex gives a great sense of just how fast you're going.

The first two inversions are fun and taken at a decent pace...sit on the outside right hand seats for a more whippy experience. The vertical loop is sublime; it's forceful throughout, and it flows really well into the...umm...wonky immelman (seriously, it bizarre at a distance). Again, for the best experience sit on the outside right because this bit really pulls you up and over quite forcefully.

After that, the MCBR brings you to a near stop, and in doing so makes the entire structure wobble from side to side quite noticeably. I know some people think the next section should have been left off, but it's just pure fun, and it's a nice breather after the preceding intensity. The drop is fun and the bunny hop gives a nice pop of floater air before a helix over the crowds. All in all, it's a great ride and worth the trip to CW just to try it.
ebcb6ef14684fbb7c7454ba721d9b632.jpg
fb073d7b27ef0dfb61905e422c453dfe.jpg
3fde0a8ee3f8f1dbc5fdbb045cd35d95.jpg

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
How long was the wait? And does the line move relatively quick? I assume it's only on fast Lane plus. I'm going in a couple of weeks... but I won't have fast lane and I'm dreading waiting hours for this. Ha
Also, is Wonder Mountain still popular? I still need that credit too.

Catmaydo

Roller Poster
How long was the wait? And does the line move relatively quick? I assume it's only on fast Lane plus. I'm going in a couple of weeks... but I won't have fast lane and I'm dreading waiting hours for this. Ha
Also, is Wonder Mountain still popular? I still need that credit too.
The line does move pretty quickly, so we only waited 25 minutes the first time. That was with a half-full queue when the park was about half as busy as a weekend. Get on it early in the day because the queues got progressively longer throughout the day. It broke down the second time, so we ended up waiting an hour. I think you can just go straight for the single rider line and get on quicker.

Also, Wonder Mountain is only worth it if the queue is under 30 minutes. It's so pointless, and the ending doesn't make up for the 5 seconds of actual coaster, and 2 minutes of dark ride shooter nonsense. If you see the queue extending outside the mountain don't bother.

Bartzabel

Roller Poster
The line does move pretty quickly, so we only waited 25 minutes the first time. That was with a half-full queue when the park was about half as busy as a weekend. Get on it early in the day because the queues got progressively longer throughout the day. It broke down the second time, so we ended up waiting an hour. I think you can just go straight for the single rider line and get on quicker.

Also, Wonder Mountain is only worth it if the queue is under 30 minutes. It's so pointless, and the ending doesn't make up for the 5 seconds of actual coaster, and 2 minutes of dark ride shooter nonsense. If you see the queue extending outside the mountain don't bother.

I still question how WMG cost $10M honestly. Sure it's a fun family coaster and all that but the storyline isn't the best (its so abrupt when you enter the mountain) the screens are meh and the guns hardly work. At least it has the world's tallest drop coaster track though :p

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I still question how WMG cost $10M honestly. Sure it's a fun family coaster and all that but the storyline isn't the best (its so abrupt when you enter the mountain) the screens are meh and the guns hardly work. At least it has the world's tallest drop coaster track though :p
The integration of the ride with the mountain won't have come cheap, I suspect that's probably a good part of the $10m figure (if that's even correct).