What's new

Bobbejaanland | Fury | Gerstlauer Triple Launch Coaster

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
^Ah, this would be unique. I wonder if the buttons will be on the restraint? This will be a complex system. What if some people don't push their button? And not only that, all the track/train components will have to be centred, to allow for the train to work in both directions, however having seen the track it's hard to tell if this is the case?

oriolat2

Giga Poster
It has a dual turn table, it means the train will be rotated 90 degrees left, or right.
So your train will be going backwards through it instead of forwards.

I do not really like that poll idea though, considering each train seats 12 riders, you need to have luck to get the one you want.
And it may be possible you love one way, and hate the other, with no way to know what it'll do.

I like the idea of the backwards option, but in my opinion a double queue line would have made infinitely more sense than voting during the ride...
I think this idea should be exported to the countries of the following link http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/dictatorship-countries/

I am wondering two things:
- seating 12 people, what if there's a draw? Will it launch a certain way by default?
- What of no one chooses anything? Same applies.

This idea is really neat and will catch some people off-guard. I can already picture people trolling trying to troll the train by voting against the preferred option xD

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I love this idea. In fact, I'm loving everything about this.

Except the fact it is at Bobbejaanland. I don't want to go back there. :(

Yoris Kerkhoff

Roller Poster
I'll translate the article for those not fluent in Dutch:
'The new roller coaster Fury in Bobbejaanland is provided with a unique interactive element. After boarding the train, visitors can decide for themselves whether they want to experience the ride forwards or backwards. This was confirmed by a spokeswoman for the Flemish amusement park to Looopings.
"Each restraint is equipped with a button panel with which passengers can, as it were, vote whether they want to go forwards or backwards," a spokeswoman explains. "That happens while the train runs towards a turntable." Most votes apply. "So if the majority opts for backwards, the ride is made backwards and vice versa."
This is an ingenious new system from the German manufacturer Gerstlauer. There is room for twelve people per train. In the event of a tie, the computer determines what will happen.
Repeat value
"We have an absolute world first in our hands," says the information officer. "No other roller coaster in the world currently has such interaction. It also ensures a very high repeat value."
A ride in the 43 meter high triple-launch coaster Fury consists of three launches and four inversions. With a top speed of 106.6 kilometers per hour, it will be the fastest roller coaster in the Benelux. The opening is expected to take place in June.'

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Here's a nice new construction/interview update of the ride by Bart Baan (in Dutch):-
Also, the launch fin/track components are centred on this coaster are all centred, the launch fins are placed in a similar position to that of Takabisha for example, so I'm assuming they re-designed the trains to allow them to run in both directions. Here is a POV of Sledgehammer I found by JB Rides which shows that the launch fins are centred:-
Also, there are some fixed silver brake fins on the brake run as well as the LSMs.

I think this could potentially be a top 3 infinity coaster when it opens, for sure.

Last edited:

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Found this on the Coaster Bot Discord server, showing the symmetrical launch fin placement clearly:-
58890802_10157034775135822_6710999074172043264_n.png

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
Edit: nevermind see it's been covered

Loopings:

The new roller coaster Fury in Bobbejaanland is provided with a unique interactive element. After boarding the train, visitors can decide for themselves whether they want to experience the ride forwards or backwards. This confirms a spokeswoman for the Flemish amusement park.

"Each restraint is equipped with a button panel with which passengers can "vote" whether they want to go forwards or backwards," a spokeswoman explains. "That happens while the train runs towards a turntable." Most votes apply. "So if the majority opts for backwards, the ride is made backwards and vice versa."

This is an ingenious new system from the German manufacturer Gerstlauer. There is room for twelve people per train. In the event of a tie, the computer determines what will happen.

"We have an absolute world first in our hands. No other roller coaster in the world currently has such interaction. It also ensures a very high repeat value."

A ride in the 43 meter high triple-launch coaster Fury consists of three launches and four inversions. With a top speed of 106.6 kilometers per hour, it will be the fastest roller coaster in the Benelux. The opening is expected to take place in June.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
It sounds gross - I'd rather not ride this backwards, thanks.

I do wonder if they'll end up eventually running it in a way that you'd know what way you'll ride before boarding. Like alternate trains running forwards/backwards, set times for backwards ride or what have you.

As much as I personally love the idea, I imagine many people could be offput by riding the majority of the ride backwards.

I really hope this does work though. It really adds a new dimension onto roller coaster experiences and opens up lots more possibilities.

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
On one hand that is kind of a neat feature but on the other hand, it would be super annoying if you either have a preference to ride forward/backwards but other people keep screwing you over, or you're so unlucky that you only get to ride it one way...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It sounds gross - I'd rather not ride this backwards, thanks.
Yeah, I think that sounds terrible.

This would totally have put off my younger self, too. I would have needed to go forwards to 'get over' my fear, and the chance that this would run backwards would seal its fate for sure.

Ethan

Strata Poster
And you know that if given the option, most kids will probably hit the backwards button, because going backwards on a coaster just sounds cooler.
Tbh this feature is pretty ****. No thanks.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
I'm hoping it's just a late april fools joke too be honest - the vast majority of backwards bits on coasters make me want to hurl...

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
I don't understand why everybody is so upset about this?
Everyone will want to ride it at least once backwards (at least I want to give it a try), but if this doesn't feel okay, there is no-one who will torture themselves just for fun ;)

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I don't understand why everybody is so upset about this?
Everyone will want to ride it at least once backwards (at least I want to give it a try), but if this doesn't feel okay, there is no-one who will torture themselves just for fun ;)

It's more the fact that some people don't want to ride it backwards at all.

Or even if you want to do it once just to say you've done it, there's no way for you to control and guarantee you'll get to ride it forwards.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Maybe they could do it a bit like some parks do with the drop/shot towers.

1000-1400: Drop
1400-1500: Random (or drop & shot)
1500-1800: Shot

Something like that would at least let you avoid the random hour.