What's new

SFMM | West Coast Racers | Premier Quad Launch Möbius Sky Rocket

James F

Hyper Poster
I see the whole estate being completed first. New builds are like pop up tents now. They'll open this coaster on new year's eve I'll bet.

Sent from my G3221 using Tapatalk

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
They look a lot like Mack Rides supports. Do Premier and Mack get their supports from the same firm? Because I know neither company manufactures them themselves.

Pear

Strata Poster
WCR is being manufactured by OCEM (Gerstlauer's manufacturer and manufacturer of Gale Force and Tigris), whereas Mack do their own manufacturing in house. Typically Premier uses Intermountain Lift in Utah, but they're currently busy with Steel Curtain since S&S use them as well.

DropDeadFuzzy

Roller Poster
WCR is being manufactured by OCEM (Gerstlauer's manufacturer and manufacturer of Gale Force and Tigris), whereas Mack do their own manufacturing in house. Typically Premier uses Intermountain Lift in Utah, but they're currently busy with Steel Curtain since S&S use them as well.
I think premier has Valley iron produce the supports and Intermountain does the track.

rideguy70

Mega Poster
It's been raining like crazy for the last few weeks, a relative rarity in SoCal. I'm sure that's put them even further behind schedule, although even I can't fault them for that particular delay.

Pear

Strata Poster
l2l3nq2qd2p21.jpg

Wow they're really making fast progress aren't they

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
When's the estimate for the current opening timeline now? I was told originally June/July, but judging by the very delayed construction I seriously doubt Six Flags can pull off an opening that soon - if only footer placement began last month. Even with other Premier coasters like the Skyrocket IIs, footers took about a few months to do and then the track went up in rapid-fire sequence. I do hope that Premier Rides can pull off a speedy installation with this one (obviously checking the track quality while they work) and make up for the construction delays - that would be quite the miracle!