What's new

Emerald Park News/Discussion

rollercoaster2

Mega Poster
We'll find out all next week.
I might do a breakdown of what we actually do know, parse some words and see if it nudges us towards a hint of what it might be and who might be designing it.

shaunthatkid

Mega Poster

Intricks

Strata Poster
Could it be a Raptor? It fits the bill for a first for Europe, height and rough cost I believe,but the 2-in-1 doesnt agree with that.

Maybe a Free Fly then? Are those in the 100ft mark?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Edit: Length doesnt add up for either of those :/

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Yeah as CrashCoaster linked there is already a discussion thread for Tayto where the next thrill coaster discussed for ages even before it was confirmed for 2021. Also considering this isn't until 2021 why post it in Coaster Construction?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Merged the topics. You can make a dedicated topic once everything has been properly announced and groundwork underway.

As for what it could be, I could definitely see an RMC fit the bill, but anything is possible at this point!

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

shaunthatkid

Mega Poster
Yeah as CrashCoaster linked there is already a discussion thread for Tayto where the next thrill coaster discussed for ages even before it was confirmed for 2021. Also considering this isn't until 2021 why post it in Coaster Construction?
Well it is not a rumor since it had been confirmed so I found that to be the most appropriate category

rollercoaster2

Mega Poster
We can take from the words "landmark", "iconic" and "first for Europe" that it will at least be something new or newish for these shores and visually striking.

Beyond that...

Didn't Mack say they wanted to do something in Tayto Park after Charles Coyle advised them on an Irish themed part of another park???

Last edited:

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I've just realized... What if 2 in 1 means a lift hill and a launch? I don't know of any coasters that are nearly 5,000ft long, and only have a single 105ft tall lift hill/launch.

Lofty

CF Legend
It feels as though you're constantly just posting random comments/opinions without actually progressing anything? You could even just wait for something relevant and then post it, too - instead, it's yet another post with just a random mumbling from you. You improve your posting and then revert back to this, it's a constant monthly cycle.

rollercoaster2

Mega Poster
No white smoke yet.

Be interesting to see what part of the park they will use for this. 1.5 km is fair bit of track. Also remember a good chunk of this park is taken up by the zoo which the coaster would need to be a reasonable distance from for the animals and birds...

I wonder might they make partial use of the area of the wooden coaster here.

Last edited:

hamcake

Roller Poster
application is in, not fully online yet though
just the description
the proposed develoopment consists of the construction of a new rollercaster attraction incorporating 2 separate rollercoaster rides with a combined ride length of approximately 972m and a maximum height of 31 m Above Ground Level; rollercoaster station structures; ancillary buildings including a toilet block (80 sqm Gross Floor Area (GFA), a photo shop (8 sqm GFA), a ground shop (30 sqm GFA), 2 no. concession stands (12.8 sqm GFA each) and an ESB substation (14 sqm GFA); 2 no. pedestrian bridges over the Hurley River; internal paths and roadways connecting to existing Tayto Park infrastructure; drainage infrastruture; landscaping; and, all associated and ancillary plant and development works on a site area of 4.53 ha.This application is accompanied by an Environmental Impact Assessment Report (EIAR)

judging by the new bridges I guess it'll be on the north end of the car park and cú chulainn
from previous maps:
YUIGmYH.png

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
^Combined ride length of 972 metres?!

Definitely think now that this will be a dueling coaster, considering it also says to seperate roller coaster rides (+2).

JoshC.

Strata Poster
"combined length of 972m"

Split across 2 coasters that's approx. 480m of track per coaster.

Given it was said the coaster would be "400m" longer than CuChu, I'd guess we're looking at some sort of duelling shuttle/semi-shuttle coasters now? What exactly though, still no clue..