What's new

Worst Queuelines

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^I can't remember it before the bins were put in, but it is still awful.

The wooden spikes just seem to be trying to cover up the awful cattle-pen.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Not the worst I've been in, but Fahrenheit's was kind of in one big spot of cattle pens with no covering. I assume this will get better as some trees grow in, but there still weren't many of them. When I rode, though, it was a long, hot 2.25 hours.

Smithy

Strata Poster
The only time I've queued for Rita it was on the shortest possible queue, but I can imagine how horrible it must be with all the extra areas open. Air's queues fairly horrible though, but nothing comes close to the appalling piss stinking graffiti bound claustrophobic experience that is queuing for Shockwave at DMP.

Lauz

Roller Poster
X:/No Way Out -

Completely sucks, Imo. So you've got a bit of themeing, a battery that buzz's and a plastic person behind a plastic screen that lights up every now and then.

The ****ty lights across the top of the ceiling look tacky, and its just dull and boring - Just like the ride itself.

:D

Patrick

Hyper Poster
Shockwave at Drayton's queue and station is absolutely terrible. It's dark, dusty, old and covered in chewing gum, litter and graffiti (But that's expected at drayton, even Shockwave's supports have graffiti). Drayton Manor haven't even made an attempt to clean it up, And it's horrible to have to spend time in there queing especially on a hot day when it gets boiling in there.

vermilionguy

Roller Poster
Back in the day when Magnum XL 200 had 2 1/2 hour waits the queue would stretch behind the bathrooms and on a hot day it could get pretty bad. Not sure if Maggie still pulls those kinds of waits but at least CP's restrooms seem to be much cleaner than in years past.

xsupaxmanx

Roller Poster
Just one comes to mind because last time I went it was so hot. Nitro's line at Six Flags Great Adventure is pretty dull, nothing to it, no shade. I also think that they could have done something a little more interesting for El Toro's line. I like where it is placed next to the ride and there is plenty of shade but it could have been thought out more. Ehh, there is not a lot of space there so I'll give them that but they could have done something.

Comet

Roller Poster
El Toro's line is fine for a Six Flags.
At least they put sand and foliage around the queue to attempt at theming it. And as you said it has a good location and plenty of shade.

The problem you probably had with it was that it was actually a completely full queue ;)

And the entire first half of Nitro's queue is shaded, the part with the switchbacks, but I agree after that it's very dull.

xsupaxmanx

Roller Poster
^Ya it was completely full haha.
And when I went to Great Adventure last we only waited in the part past the swithbacks and it was humid and 95 degrees...SO BRUTAL!

PS: I love your avatar, I saw a commercial for that last night and it looks real funny.

Snoo

The Legend
vermilionguy said:
Back in the day when Magnum XL 200 had 2 1/2 hour waits the queue would stretch behind the bathrooms and on a hot day it could get pretty bad. Not sure if Maggie still pulls those kinds of waits but at least CP's restrooms seem to be much cleaner than in years past.

Definitely doesn't pull those waits, but every time I venture into those queues I see those old rails and wonder.. how bad would that be to actually wait in those. Same goes for MF's old queues which extended even more down the midway.. that was in the 3-4 hour wait range then.. holy crap.

ryan462

Hyper Poster
I remember once queueing for big thunder mountain a disneland paris. It was 1 hour which is quite long but the main proplem is the clostrepohobic line.You go through the mountain which is really narrow which not much light for hours with people all squashed in ..... horrible experience and after that I struggled to enjoy the ride :(:S

BENjAMiN

Roller Poster
Everest has an interesting que but when it gets full it's pretty bad considering they have a million bells for people to ring. And one-after-the-other they just ring the bell and ring it. I mean wow I got really mad but I enjoyed the mini museum of Everest stuff.

lakeccrunner

Mega Poster
I hate Millennium Force's queue, most of it's out in the sun and away from the station, and I hate waiting in it.

One that was probably really bad back in the day was Mean Streak...All those turnarounds!

A

Anonymous

DMP has the best and worst queues I have been in. Worst- obviously Shockwave. Best was StormForce 10, but in this situation the better queue was for a much inferior ride and the worst queue was for a far better ride. So it was worth waiting (in absolute tipping rain) for Shockwave (why did they cut the queue off outside the building?), but not for StormForce 10.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
^Yeah, quite agreed. I was just going to post about Drayton anyway. Everything apart from G-Force is dire, cramped, horrible, or just poor. The Shockwave queue's the worst though. I hate spending time in that, but you inevitably do with them rarely running multiple trains.

A

Anonymous

I was suprised that I didn't have to queue that long for shockwave. I think that as there were 2 trains running and the line seemed alot longer than it was (it was cut off outside, with a small extension) it only took around half an hour. I couldn't accurately time as my phone would have been ruined in the pouring rain.

PLCP

Mega Poster
As much as I love all the theming, WDW's queues go on FOREVER, and get either really boring or really annoying.

For example:

RnR: Standing outside sucked the life out of me.
Everest: The bells made me want to kill half the people in the line.