What's new

Worst Queuelines

Naemuti

Mega Poster
theRock-steel said:
The cartoon videos you are forced to watch while waiting for the Hulk make me want to leave the planet. Fortunately, during the off season, there is only a ten minute wait for the ride.

They're not as bad as the Dudley Do-Right ones, at any rate, or even the Bilge Rat Barges for that matter. I hated those, and it seemed like every line I waited in that day except for Dueling Dragons was an hour or longer. At least the Hulk one was interesting the first five times.

Linus

Mega Poster
Ultimate Coaster said:
If you want to talk about not moving, we could discuss the old X...

I think that, to this day, it's the longest line I've ever waited in. 2 hrs. 45 minutes on half a queue with single train operation.

Don't forget the 100+ degree so-cal weather and no shade. :lol:

madhjsp

Giga Poster
SnooSnoo said:
Thats why you go when the lines are short. But the cutbacks do seem to go fast.. faster then MF's at least.

The lines are never short. They haven't been when I've been there

A

Anonymous

worst queue i've been in was chang's at Six Flags KK, because it is very, very, open, so the sun beats down on you hard. The station itself is a giant yellow box.

Mat

Hyper Poster
Rita and Corkscrew @ Alton.

Both of these queue lines are right ontop of each other and have no theme at all, just some fences really, yes there is the radio thing, but that gets annoying after a while. The whole of UGland is not very well thought and out and tried to fit too much in one small space, IMO!

Snoo

The Legend
madhjsp said:
SnooSnoo said:
Thats why you go when the lines are short. But the cutbacks do seem to go fast.. faster then MF's at least.

The lines are never short. They haven't been when I've been there

Wow.. you are missing out. I've had walk-ons + re-rides on every coaster there. Try Friday's during Halloweekends.. pure heaven.

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
Ultimate Coaster said:
I think that, to this day, it's the longest line I've ever waited in. 2 hrs. 45 minutes on half a queue with single train operation.
For me, the longest line was for Top Thrill Dragster. Two and a half hours sounds long, but for this I think that it was closer to three. There was no shade either; ouch. At two hours, I got a better deal with Millennium Force. The ride is a lot longer. (I was able to ride Dragster again at night just before it closed. In the dark - what a rush ! The wait was only twenty-five minutes then.)

jack.bell

Mega Poster
bad q's

it has to be submission at alton towers you just walk round and round into an unimaginative station plain boring i love nemesis' tho

A

Anonymous

Well the worst I've ever waited in was SROS at SFNE the first time I rode it. It was the year it openned, and I really wanted to ride it plus they only had one train on, so I waited 3 hours in the sun for it.

A

Anonymous

Well, I think Peter Pan's Flight is a bit rubbish as it's very tight, narrow and dark, which was a bit unconfortable.

Also, queueing for Crush's Coaster was just standing around in a cattle grid within a wind trap, which was very, very cold!

A

Anonymous

worst quelines...

I think that Rita and Corkscrew have the worst quelines in this country... I mean, the whole UG Land area is just rubbish now! maybe merlin will do a better job though... That being said though all they did to Thorpe for the new season was give the place a new paint job and new bins... Yeah that matters but i think they could have done so much more to improve Thorpe! anyway lol i have had my rant...

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Ah yes.. The summer of 2003.
SROS running 1 train with cars 5 and 6 closed off and car 4 only for qbot users (so it would go riderless most of the time as well).

Ollie

CF Legend
I hate queues with cattle pens that you can't skip when they're empty. If the park has any sense then they would put a gate at the side so you can walk past it when there isnt a queue. :x

A

Anonymous

Coaster Ollie said:
It feels more like a multi-story Chav invested bus stop. :shock:
I don't agree. You must have gone at some odd time because when I went it was very clean and it felt like, er, a new bus stop.

A

Anonymous

I've been in some bad ones. The worst ones I've ever been in I'd have to say were when Batman The Ride opened at Six Flags Great Adventure (long twisting, slow moving and cheesily themed) and The Chiller at Great Adventure as well. The Chillers queue just NEVER seemed to move, no matter what side you went on. Cool ride, but holy hell, waiting on line for it was like pulling teeth.

A

Anonymous

dueling dragons. it has great sceanry but the line is longer than the roller coaster is. its to dark and very hot during the summer.

Comet

Roller Poster
Mantis's line was terrible.
Putting aside the disgusting lake with dead fish floating at the surface, the sun shades they had just toyed with you. Why they wouldn't just cover an entire row of switchbacks instead of doing the little diagnol they have is beyond me. Every time you stepped out from under one is was hell. I was so hot and bothered by the time I got to the ride...and the headbanging and uncomfortable restraints didn't help much either.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
Rita looks to have a fairly unpleasant queue line, but I've never bothered riding when the queue is longer than around 20 minutes, so I've never experienced it at its worst.

The Rat at Lightwater Valley is pretty horrible on a hot day. Once you get inside it's not too bad, but outside, the translucent corrugated roof over the queue turns the cattle pen into a greenhouse.

More than anything, though, I hate enclosed claustrophobic queue lines. I'm sure I'd hate X:\No Way Out if it was busy, and the 30 minute queue for Space Invader at Blackpool was horrific, at least, once you reached the narrow staircases.