What's new

Walt Disney Studios - Paris

spicy

Giga Poster
To be honest I would rather them concentrate on the studios than rush open a new park like they did with the studios when it first opened.

The studios have improved so much since they first opened but still could do with some more attractions IMO, for instance would love to see them build the great movie ride there as thats awesome.

If they do go ahead with the 3rd park Disneysea would be the best thing to happen to the Paris resort and really put it on the map, that park just looks literally amazing, one of the best in the world, it would really take Paris to a new level, maybe even bettering WDW!

However, if they wanted a park to the standard of DisneySea to open in 4 years time im sure construction would actually have to start pretty soon for a park of that calibre.

marc

CF Legend
The thing with Disney Seas is this, everyone says it looks fantastic. But they also say there is nothing to do there, theres about 3 rides. In the case of Paris they already have one of these rides in the other park.

Paris will never in a million years be at the same level as WDW. This is simply due to the gp that have no manners and no concept of queuing etc. There are not enough rides, and the language causes problems on the attractions they do have.

Tower of Terror is the worst one I have been on, its the same as the one in California but no where near as good. I dont know what cycle they run it on but its forceless and far to bright inside.

Ben

CF Legend
southend_marc said:
The thing with Disney Seas is this, everyone says it looks fantastic. But they also say there is nothing to do there, theres about 3 rides. In the case of Paris they already have one of these rides in the other park.

They have at least two of Disney Sea's rides, Tower and Raging Spirits/Indy.

And if I'm not wrong, the Cars ride at the Studios uses the same system as a ride at Disney Sea...?

I'd bet against a Disney Sea, though. The ****ing French don't deserve one.

marc

CF Legend
The other thing that goes against Paris is the price.

4 days in Paris costs the same as 2 weeks in Orlando, I know where I would rather go :)

And the main problem is both parks at a weekend are just impossible waste of time going. 3 hour queues even in the off season.

shawnoc

Mega Poster
Thats where the 3rd park would help, thin the crouds out a bit. The 3rd park would need a fair amount of rides on opening.
Im hopping to get to Paris this year so i can see the new rides in the studios. I last went there in 2005.

I do think Disney Sea could work, they would put have to create differnt rides as the existing one, apart from the Jurney to the Center of the Earth. That looks cool. Im sure the Imagineers can come up with some amazing concepts.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Where on earth would a third park go?

To be honest I would rather them concentrate on the studios than rush open a new park like they did with the studios when it first opened.

My thoughts exaclty.

I'd rather not see a third park, they should just gradually make the Studio's better, like replacing Cinemagique and Amageddon with better versions of themselves.

Latest through the grape vine is that the arena for the Tarzan show will be demolished later this year for a water based attraction.

Thats a very small area, so I doubt a Splash Mountain would be built there, and anyway, the only reason a Splash Mountain wasn't built with the park is becuase of the weather.

I'm still surprised nothing has happened with that empty bit of land between Pirates and Indy (that bit you can only see it from the train).

marc

CF Legend
The whole back part of the park is sort of dead, the bit where you walk from Indy to Pirates. There are some resturants and things but its sort of feels empty.

I would love them to sort that whole area out.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^Indeed, always felt Adventure Land could do with sommat else, I've always liked the idea of a Jungle Book themed ride going in there, favouring a rapids or motion-ride (a la the Indy dark rides in California and Japan)... I can't think of many other jungle-related Disney films apart from Tarzan, but I don't think that would work well as a ride really...

I would rather them try and continue expanding the Studios before opening a new park though, maybe as they're building a new one?

Dunno if I like the idea of the Toy Story land personally, maybe it's just the high amount of Pixar themed rides going in is making it all a bit boring and such...

spicy

Giga Poster
Yeah that would be pretty awesome to either have a Kali River rapids ride there like at Animal Kingdom or the Indiana Jones Adventure car ride that they have at DisneySea.

Its actually quite a big plot of land, I guess they must have some sort of plans for it to be used at some point.

dj-fireball999

Mega Poster
I agree, a rapids ride would do well in Adventureland, something like the Kali river rapids in Animal Kingdom.

I don't really see the point in Disney opening another park just yet, they really need to concentrate on the studios... It just feels... empty... boring... the only good rides are Rock 'n rollercoaster, Tower of terror, and Crush's coaster... so what are they putting there next?

marc

CF Legend
You know something though, both parks in Paris have a good number of good rides. They have just as many good rides as Paris and California, Disney is not all about rides.

Hollywood Studios in Orlando only has RnR and Tower of Terror as they main thrill rides.
Magic Kingdom only has 3 main big rides.
Epcot has 3 and none of them are real thrill rides.
Animal Kingdom 3 again though all family rides.

So overal Paris with its 5 main thrill rides is doing very well.

marc

CF Legend
You feel the same as me then about all the Pixar stuff, I am bored of it and its the same in every park now.

Every new ride is Pixar which is why I said build a Pixar park keep it away from the older Disney things.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Oh I wouldn't buy into that, just yet.

I must say though I feel Disney are letting things slip a bit. I love DLP, I have been going there every year for along time now, and have loved every visit. Though my last visit, in January, I noticed some things I never thought I notice at a Disney park.

For example, Space Mountain and RocknRC both had trains with no music, and ALOT of the dolls in Small world were broken, and a few features on Honey I shrunk the Audience weren't working, and rides were breaking down quite alot.

Maybe I have just been lucky on my 16 other visits, but it just felt a little 'less' Disney this time around.

marc

CF Legend
Glad I am not the only person to notice things on my visit last year.

Thunder Mountain was running like a pig.

The park was a bit run down, the pathways need work. The staff just lack the Disney magic its just a job to them unlike Orlando or California.

The queue system for Stitch Live was a death trap just does not work. You have a different queues one for English one for French. Well most people just went for the English one so this kept getting full and you had to get in queue well over an hour before the show, the people then just pushed you out the way and the staff done nothing.

We had a good time but I would not rush back now, plus is just so expensive to eat and drink I swear this is how they are getting the money back for letting kids go free.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
TARZAN SHOW IS CLOSED!

NOOOOO!!!!! BUT, if you take away the existing theatre, Splash Mountain fits perfectly in the space which is what people are speculating right now. So lets hope they get this ready (if it's true) for DLP's 20th Birthday <3