What's new

Walt Disney Studios - Paris

jacoaster

Roller Poster
The future development plan looks very interesting! It may not look it, but that area for the third park is actually HUGE - bigger than Disneyland Park. The area of expansion for the studios is very big too.

We probably won't see a third park for a while yet though. I'm sure the Imagineers won't even think about another park until the studios becomes a full theme park.

southend_marc said:
The staff just lack the Disney magic its just a job to them unlike Orlando or California.
I have to diagree with that. Every time I go to DLP I notice loads of staff who put in extra effort (particularly in Tower Of Terror), and personally I found that the Orlando staff were a bit boring. And I don't really see how you can say Disney in Orlando is better than Paris? :? Yes, Paris has a few broken effects here and there, but nowhere near the amount of problems there are at WDW. The general quality of the attractons is much better too.

I'm not having a go, I just find it irritating how so many people think WDW thrashes DLP, when in fact much more effort was put into the Parisian parks.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Well at the moment, they want to use the 3rd theme park space as the F1 Grand Prix race track to bring in some capital. Then after a few years, it will then become a theme park. It was in the news papers last year, but to whether it's true or not, we don't know?

jacoaster

Roller Poster
Screaming Coasters said:
Well at the moment, they want to use the 3rd theme park space as the F1 Grand Prix race track to bring in some capital. Then after a few years, it will then become a theme park. It was in the news papers last year, but to whether it's true or not, we don't know?

I believe the whole race track think was cancelled (thankfully!). :)

marc

CF Legend
Tower Of Terror staff in Paris were some of the worst staff I have ever seen in Paris tbh. The ride broke down there was hardly and communication no one new what was going on. 1 second they said we are going to exac the ride, then they said the ride is fixed then it was broken again. No one knew was going on we stood there for 30 mins.

And sorry they did not create and atmosphere at all when you entered the building. In Orlando the ride staff are part of it from the minute you enter it to the minute you leave.

Any way the staff I was talking about were in the shops and general park staff.

Dont get wrong DLP is a loverly park, the main park that is. The Studio park has a long way to go still. Saying that I dont like Hollywood Studios anyway in Orlando but its still better that the one in Paris.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
I thought the staff in ToT were fantastic. They had me and my family jumping and laughing from the moment we stepped in.

Right now, I think that the Studios has had far too much attention brought to it in the last 3 years. Theres nothing new in the main park, and they NEED SOMETHING! Hopefully something stupidly big will be around for it's 20th birthday in 3 years time. Most things are pointing towards Splash Mountain, but we shall see. It's definitely going to happen in Frontierland, that a given considering the space it has behind.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Yes the staff on ToT were brilliant, they played a maasive part in the attraction and making it what it is!

Whilst it was me who started the whole 'lost its magic' thing on the other page, I will never complain about the DLP staff, they are all fantastic, they reaqlly do play a part on each ride. Even the staff in the food outlets were very happy and cheerful!

DLP staff are unbeatable!

The place didn't look any different. it was just little things on rides that weren't working, and thats just not Disney really.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Well one thing that does need doing, and like, majorly needs doing is the pathways! Oh my life are they a disgrace. You can't walk a yard without tripping over a pothole!

Sort it out DLP because it makes the park look really scruffy!

Oh and another thing... Take up that bloody marble tiling in the Studios! When it rains, you slip! What smart arse decided to stick polished marble... OUTSIDE?????

Dicks.

marc

CF Legend
Lol Erol know what you mean there, when does it not rain though :)

Maybe the staff were not as good for us due to a break down, and maybe I should not compare it to California or WDW but I was due to people saying the park is level with WDW.

DLP has got better since my 1st visit thats for sure, but it still has a long way to go and one of the main things is sorting out the queuing to see the characters. Its like a scrum as soon as they appear 100 kids and adults just surround them and you can not get close.

nadroJ

CF Legend
When I visited DLP with Chris (Infernus) the ToT staff were really scary, really played the part and were almost as good as the Florida ones.

However when I went with Ali it seemed they felt that wearing the bellboy costume was all they needed to do, there was little or no acting and a lot of them seemed bored.

I hope they do have some nice new additions in the few years to come, means I'll have something new to experience when I next visit =]

shawnoc

Mega Poster
Thinking about the state of the pathways, it must be a hard shut off areas of the park to repair them as its open all year round.

I can see the areas behind Frontier Land being developed fairly soon, also the space by Indy. Question is, What will the decide to build.
It does seem that DLP has used elements from past projects that have been shelved for the american parks.

As an idea, they could do a Parisian Square, similar to Edison Square or Liberty Street that were planned for Disneyland.

marc

CF Legend
nadroJ said:
When I visited DLP with Chris (Infernus) the ToT staff were really scary, really played the part and were almost as good as the Florida ones.

However when I went with Ali it seemed they felt that wearing the bellboy costume was all they needed to do, there was little or no acting and a lot of them seemed bored.

I hope they do have some nice new additions in the few years to come, means I'll have something new to experience when I next visit =]

Thank you, at least someone has seen the same as what I saw and you went a month after us.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Only problem I saw at Disney this week was the maintenance... At least one of the major rides (BTM, SM, RnR, ToT, Crush) was down each day for some period of time, which was dissapointing but obviously some cannot be prevented, but it's just unlike my usual Disney experiences...

The staff were fine so I don't see a problem with that...

What the park needs (MK that is) is another water ride as I said earlier... But I don't think Splash Mountain would work with Song of the South being the theme, and nor would it really suit the Thunder Mesa theme Frontierland has...

A Log Flume or a Rapids are a must... Maybe both...

Studios I don't know what it'd need... I quite like it overall... Although what I'd like it a complete rehaul of the Tram Tour... I really don't like the whole going past the same things as you saw already... Could easily go past the costume department first, then the Canyon, then go straight on from there (maybe around the new area) into Reign of Fire (past other props and what-not, maybe things from recent Disney films, something the ride lacks, Disney stuff) and to the station...

If there's aerial plans of the new area I may do a diagram to show what my Tram Tour idea would do...

spicy

Giga Poster
This picture shows the area right at the top of the picture where the Toy Story land is going.

db_2008_0612_Toon_Expansion5.jpg

Martyn B

CF Legend
This Play House Disney Live thing?

Where is it going?

The picture on Screamscape shows it as being the same building as Stitch Live, is it replacing it?

spicy

Giga Poster
Yeah if you ever went on the Walt Disney Television Studios tour its going to be in the old Art Attack room and replace the Cyber Space Mountain that was there which is a shame as that was awesome.

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ The old art attack room is where Stitch is isn't it? That used to be the last room of the old tour?

spicy

Giga Poster
Stitch seems to be in an entirely new room, if you remember the beginning of the tour when you watched that girl on the TV's and there were people working in the Studio they have built new doors off of that to the left which go into the room that Stitch is in.

I could be wrong though but it seemed like an entirely new room to me, as far as I am aware the old art attack room is where the Playhouse show will be going as thats where the construction fences are.