What's new

Walt Disney Studios - Paris

Martyn B

CF Legend
Now I didn't really no where to put this topic, News or Q's, so sorry if you feel its in the wrong place.

Whats going on behind the Studio Tram Tour? The big Disney construction boards are up all along the back of the tram tour, up to where that large statue for Dinotopia is. The boards are blocking alot of 'props' that used to be on display, making the first part of the tour, a bit, erm, plain?

Is this anything to do with them rumours that were about a while ago to do with some "Journey to the centre of the Earth" attraction?

Again, sorry if you dont think it belongs here and by all means move it, if so!

marc

CF Legend
There are some stories going around about a new area, but there are so vage at the moment.

Its either Splash Mountatin for the other park, a Little Mermaid area or a Pixar area.

Mark read them out to me a few weeks ago so I can not fully remember.

I think this was the link but I could be wrong.

http://www.laughingplace.com/News-ID512310.asp

I do not think they would have started on any of the ideas yet anyway as nothing has been released.

peep

CF Legend
^Umm, what?

The route for the tour is currently being changed a little bit as construction will begin soon on the new Toy Story area which will include 3 new attractions. I believe this new area is going to be ready for next year. It will be placed in the area of the tram tour and the large grassy area behind art of animation.

For more info check out this forum = HERE

Martyn B

CF Legend
But how will you be able to get to as its behind the Tram Tour route? Surely people wont be aloud to cross over it? The area I'm on about that has been boarded up is opposite the station, on the other side of the Tram Tour.

New Toy story area doesn't really make much sense me, with the Toon Studio's opening only the other year.

Oh and Half Pipe coaster? Please Disney, do not do that!

marc

CF Legend
A bridge maybe?

Who knows, I tried to find the plans on line and could not.

The whole tour in Paris is rubbish anyway until you get the montain part and london. The rest of the tour is just of a programe that did not do that well.

I have done the tour once, did not go anywhere near it last time, no point.

peep

CF Legend
Hmm, I'll take a look next week so then I can get a better understanding of what you mean. It could just be the re-route as this Toy Story area is going to be quite large.

peep

CF Legend
Sorry to double-post.

Just found this topic on the forum I linked earlier (about half-way through the report): LINK

It would seem my guess was correct and it is indeed to do with the change of route so the new area can fit in between the tram tour and art of animation. That would mean no bridges are needed.

shawnoc

Mega Poster
I know its slightly off topic. But are Paris planning to add Splash Mountain soon?

Back on topic its good to see even more investment in the studios. What are the attractions being built for the Toy Story area?

spicy

Giga Poster
shawnoc said:
I know its slightly off topic. But are Paris planning to add Splash Mountain soon?

I doubt it although it would be a brilliant addition.

shawnoc said:
What are the attractions being built for the Toy Story area?

- A Halfpipe Coaster
- A Children's Parachute Tower (similar to Jumpin' Jellyfish at DCA)
- A Music Express ride (similar to Scuttle's Scooters at Tokyo Disney Sea)

I like the sound of the new area always good to see the studios getting better and better although im not too impressed with the attractions planned, a half pipe? Come on Disney you can do better than that!

Would like to see maybe a Toy Story Mania ride, or Toy Story show of some kind in there. Another coaster would nice to ease the queue on Crush's although that is unlikely.

peep

CF Legend
I am praying that they do not add a Splash Mountain, Paris should go for something original.

Anyways there is a rumour that a dark ride themed to Ratatouille will be in the Toon Studio area. Peeps are now predicting 2012 for that. I am hoping WDS doesn't get Toy Story Mania, it's not like it should be in every park, need more original attractions. Although it is nice to see the Studios getting some decent additions at last. Don't forget that the Studios also gets a new parade this year as well as Playhouse Disney Live.

marc

CF Legend
Yes the new parade is the old one from MGM studios in Orlando. Its not that great but better than what they had.

They will need to start on the 3rd park soon, again Mark read that in the agreement for the park there had to be a 3rd park within so many years something like that anyway but they are getting close to that now.

Splash Mountain was talked about in a new area for the main park, but thats all that happened they never went ahead with it mainly due to the weather.

Disney Playhouse Live, never bothered with it in the USA and if its in French only its a bad move.

I also heard that Animagic was going to be replaced with Philamagic, but again nothing more was ever said.

shawnoc

Mega Poster
The part of the plans that intrested me is the area earmarked for a 3rd park! That would be amazing. Could they go for an animal kingdom or something unique along the lines of Calafornia Adventure but based on Europe.

The Studios expansion is quite large. Disney could go a long way with these plans.
With the rides they have planned for the Toy Story area, they are not the best, but they have just spent loads on Terror Tower and Crush. Im suprised that they are still expanding the studios.

I think Splash Mountain would be a good idea for the Magic Kingdom, leaving more original attractions for the 3rd park.

marc

CF Legend
Tbh they have a lot of the more original rides minus the Jungle one and the Tiki Room in the main park.

I have no idea what the 3rd park will be, but it does not look that big anyway but hard to see on the map. I dont think they will ever make another Animal Kingdom it cost them to much.

They also need a Toon Town in Paris.

The main thing that bugs me at the moment is just to much Pixar everywhere.

If you look up what is happening at California Adventure you will see its being changed to be more Disney, it did not work in its current format. But I would love to see Sorin and California Screaming at Paris.

shawnoc

Mega Poster
Now that would be cool. I can see why they are changing CA I have been told it didnt have too much magic about the place.
If the changes work, then they could apply them to a Paris version. With a CS type coaster. (not a clone)

Another idea could be a take on the Disney Sea Park. That could work in a compact park.

Has there been any concept art released for the new Toy Story area?

marc

CF Legend
I did think of the Sea Park as well, but not sure it would work there.

Trust me even a clone of CS would be great :) minus the trims love that coaster as most people would.

shawnoc

Mega Poster
I can imagin whatever park they would build will be tied in with the new Disney hotel and waterpark.

I wonder what the timescale for these plans is.

peep

CF Legend
Well there be new rumours flying about now about splash. Latest through the grape vine is that the arena for the Tarzan show will be demolished later this year for a water based attraction.

Playhouse Disney Live will be in French, English and I think there was even a rumour of Spanish performances but I could be wrong with the last one. They will use the same English-French-English-French show technique as Stitch Live. Basically one queue for English performance and one for French performance. It works really well.

There has been no concept images released, just highly detailed descriptions of the images. Sounds like the whole area is going to be extremely themed.

I hate the look of California Screaming, it does not suit a Disney park at all, especially the Paris resort.

There is a rumour that Soarin will be added in-between Cinemagique and Stitch/Playhouse Disney buildings. I can't see it fitting in that space but you never know with Disney.

The 3rd park, well the original contract with the French government was that a second park (WDS) was to open 10 years after the first park (which is did) and a third park was meant to open 10 years after that. That would mean the third park would have to open in four years time. I believe Disney is asking for this timeline to be extended. I can't really see any of the other parks at the other resorts working at Paris but it would be interesting to see what they have in mind.

marc

CF Legend
California Screaming fits California Adventure perfect though due to the theme that was there, the pier theme that is.

Agreed it would not fit in well at Paris.

With Soarin though I hope they change it to a France theme and not leave it as California.

It may have taken years for Disneyland Paris to take off, but it really has now. Even though its a tad expensive and the ticket system is a rip off. I think this kids go free thing has really helped them.

I think its wrong to make people buy a ticket for every day they are in a hotel even if you are not going to the parks every day.

shawnoc

Mega Poster
Thats quite intersting about the 3rd park. I can see Disnys point of view of wanting a time increse for the new park, it gives them time to establish the studios further.

Where are the descriptions of the new area? It would be cool to read up on them.