What's new

Walt Disney Studios Paris | Ratatouille | Dark ride

AJ

Giga Poster
Yeah the exterior to the 'shell' of the building is almost complete by the looks of this, and work is well under-way within!

peep

CF Legend
Following on from what AJ said, below are a few pics taken from the Disneyandmore blog.

blogger-image--1064767472.jpg

blogger-image--159304455.jpg

blogger-image-563535397.jpg

Disney and more

Very exciting. I like how we can see the rough look of the façade now.

marc

CF Legend
I really hope they don't leave the top part above the themed buildings flat like that. As in the 1st picture.

Not sure if they are going to open the area up or is it the same way to the area as out of it. Only asking as the area outside the building looks quiet tight like the toy story area?

peep

CF Legend
^They might do, you won't be able to see that bit from ground-level. The side of the building which is currently blank will all be themed too.

It's a decent sized area in front of it I think, enough for people to just mill about in. You'll be able to access the area via a path from the sort of character photo area in Toon Studio and via a tunnel in Toy Story Playland.

nadroJ

CF Legend
I'm sure it'll look gorgeous when it's done, just can't get excited for the ride itself unfortunately.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Re: Walt Disney Studios Paris | Ratatouille Dark ride

Lol, me again! So apparently DLP has just today officially announced that this is the Ratatouille ride.

Screamscape said:
Ratatouille - Confirmed - (3/4/13) In what may have been one of the worst kept Disney Secrets of all time, the Disney Paris has finally confirmed the new Ratatouille themed attraction is under construction at Walt Disney Studios Paris, and will open in 2014

peep

CF Legend

lol @ "worst kept Disney Secrets of all time". He clearly doesn't remember the fact that Paris fans find out about EVERYTHING probably years before they're 'announced' through official channels. It's just the way the resort operates for some reason.

marc

CF Legend

Still not sure how I feel about this if I'm honest.

I like the film but I just do not think it would make a good dark ride. A water ride would have been better, they could have done the drain part near the start of the film.

I did not like the monster inc dark ride either and little mermaid has not got the best ratings.

Am sure it will be done well and help get people into the park for a year or two.

I think the big changes will start in a couple of years.

peep

CF Legend

I think what was interesting about the announcement is that Mr Gas said it was a 'Family thrill ride'. Maybe I'm reading too much into that but I thought that was interesting.

Either way I'm still excited, a proper dark ride in the Studios park. I'm really looking forward to the new restaurant too. Only a year and a bit to go!

marc

CF Legend

That's interesting to say family thrill ride so maybe there could be an interesting section to it. I just hope it does not go round the different parts of the film.

Year and a bit, bloody hell.

A new restaurant is needed as there is not that much choice in that park.

Am still hoping the park get a major rework in the next 5 years.

peep

CF Legend

^It will. They've basically confirmed that the next attraction/area will be non-Pixar which means they are either getting that new rumoured Star Wars mini-land (which does sound good) or a Marvel area in the Studios park. Considering they've made it pretty clear that their main goal at the moment is to add more to the Studios park I reckon we could be seeing this rumoured Marvel area by 2015 (in time for Avengers 2).

marc

CF Legend

Yep that's what I read as well, just hope they don't get the exact same things as Hong Kong like the Toy Story stuff.

nadroJ

CF Legend

Another franchise theme mini-land *groan*

marc

CF Legend

I know what you mean Jordan but right now Disney are not coming out with anything original that can form an attraction.

I'm still shocked there is no Lion King or Tron attraction.

As much as I don't like Marvel it will bring people in, more so than this new dark ride.

I take it you have not seen the plans for down town Disney in Orlando, if I say Orlando Springs it will give it away lol.

peep

CF Legend

Downtown Disney expansion is a whole different kettle of fish though and it's not (as much as I could tell) themed to a franchise.

I'm surprised there aren't more attractions themed to their most popular classics but with Paris it's all down to money, it's also the reason why most of their roaming characters are the less well-known characters as it's cheaper for them to pay for the IP fee.

If just the Marvel and Star Wars lands arrive it should bring in an obscene amount of guests which in turn would help fund future attractions.

I agree that it'd be nice to see some non-franchise lands come to the Resort, well to any of them really. At least Hong Kong has got Grizzly cred area and the Mystic Manor area but I can't see there being (I think I've said this before) many (if any) new non-IP areas added to any of the Resorts now, Disney seem to be careful about what they spend their money on at the moment and obviously in their mind something that isn't character related is harder to market and will be harder to make it's money back. So for the time being I'm happy that they're just building anything for the time being.

marc

CF Legend

Depends how you the plans, for me it had Cars written all over it which would also fit in with the Cars area at Hollywood Studios, anyway sorry this is about Paris lol.

Hong Kong could build them new areas as they did not have the equivalent attractions that the others had.

The Star Wars area would probably open when the new film does but it needs rides not just more walk throughs or restaurants and I don't see what they will do with it. A coaster is to close to Space Mountain, maybe they can go for a bike coaster themed to Return of the Jedi which would be cool :).

I still wish they would build Splash Mountain or a rapids ride.

peep

CF Legend

I agree, I'd like to see a water attraction come to the park but I think they've always feared that they'd be so much time where due to the weather people just wouldn't go near it. It's an understandable fear considering they're open all year round but if they do it well I think it'd be worth their time and money. Personally I don't want to see them get a Splash Mountain clone, I'd rather they built something else and original. Even a slight change in theme for Splash Mountain would make me happy.

According to Disney & More blog the Star Wars mini-land will open in two phases, the first is what we all know about... Star Tours 2, Jedi Academy (I still think it's ridiculous giving such a small little show a massive theatre like that) and the Cantina restaurant. Apparently Phase 2 will be a huge piece of land behind the walkway between Discoveryland and Fantasyland, so yeah, maybe they do have another large coaster planned. Time will tell.

marc

CF Legend

The Jedi thing would need to be done in multi language as it would not work for to many people. Tbh though not really interested in the Jedi thing, it's for kids anyway lol.

Yeah agree about Splash having its own theme. They could make the ride so you don't get soaked, you don't get that wet on the one in Orlando.

Would be good to see the main park get something.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

Marc said:
I'm still shocked there is no Lion King or Tron attraction.

There's a Lion King show in Hong Kong (I think Animal Kingdom had it first), and a Tron coaster (Vekoma motorbike thing) is pretty much confirmed as opening in Shanghai instead of a Space Mountain.