What's new

Walt Disney Studios Paris | Ratatouille | Dark ride

marc

CF Legend
Re: Walt Disney Studios Paris | Ratatouille Dark ride

There's a show in Orlando as well but they just use the same sort of thing as the show.

Rach

Giga Poster

Some images have appeared over at InsideDLP of what's going on with the construction. It seems they are nearing being ready to get the ride into the building.

892966_403890389717853_1012697780_o.jpg

904584_403891069717785_689926550_o.jpg

Some supports and other bits have recently appeared in front of the entrance to the ride.

558088_404278266345732_2031708811_n.jpg

All images from InsideDLP

Martyn B

CF Legend

Going by this image on the magicforum:

ratatouillevhicules.jpg

This could be using the trackless system? Do they look similar to the cars on the Pooh ride?

marc

CF Legend

Yep looks like they are after all, it was reported that they were going for the trackless version and then it got changed to the other type. But that art work shows the trackless trains again.

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster

To be honest, like the Dwarf Mine train at Disney World, this project has taken so long I've lost interest for it.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Um, most major Disney projects take many years to complete...

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

Does anyone else find it risky or odd for a Parisian themed area so close to Paris?

AJ

Giga Poster

^ No? It makes perfect sense and the French adore Ratatouille ;)

Martyn B

CF Legend

I wouldn't say it's risky at all. I guess they could have gone for something different, but it's not exactly a risk.

I've got a little bit more excited for this now, after seeing that Mystic Manor video....

nadroJ

CF Legend

I think it makes sense, it's essentially what Disneyland was originally about anyway - recreating a 'perfect' version of typical architecture of the country, which is why it always miffed me that when the theme parks were exported they continued with the American architecture <//3 Good to finally see some Parisian stuff popping up.

ALSO omg trackless technology YAY!

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster

Unlike other Disney Resorts, Disneyland Paris are way to secretive about their new rides.. I want to see animatronics in the warehouse, I wanna see bits n bobs, just like California did with Little Mermaid..

Come on DLP, give us more haha

AJ

Giga Poster

Also bare in mind that you can only really see the entire thing from backstage properly and up close. So unless some castmember rapes it with their camera and spoils the goods, gonna have to deal with photos from the para drop...

marc

CF Legend

Yeah it's going to look really nice.

Am interested to see what the ride will be like, I hope it's more than the Little Mermaid is as no one seems to think much about it.

peep

CF Legend

^Yeah glad the official artwork has confirmed the rumours from the very beginning. Also weird to see the leaked ride car pic is real.

Don't worry about the name, all the rides in the resort have silly long names but everyone (and most of the marketing/English versions) are short, we'll all be just calling it Ratatouille.