What's new

Upsdell - Intamin Hyper (Complete - Download page 7).

Leighton

Mega Poster
He doesn't need to, it works fine as it is.

In the real world Engineers would go for the most effective and the most cost effective structures, since the supports would account for around 60-70% of the finished ride.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
rollerdude said:
Absolutely gorgeous. Are you keeping that environment?

Probably, it just looks so majestic in that light...and set your full scene analysing to 4 for best results. (Old pc's may lag quite a bit, mine does).

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
^ It doesn't need that though. It only needs the beam to spread the load between the supports accross the water.

It's quad track, it's stronger than you think.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Could the beam be placed horizontally instead of at that awkward angle? I'd imagine that to be more solid than having a beam being unparrallell or angular to any force direction.

Looks beautiful, though. Keep it up!

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Pokemaniac said:
Could the beam be placed horizontally instead of at that awkward angle? I'd imagine that to be more solid than having a beam being unparrallell or angular to any force direction.

Looks beautiful, though. Keep it up!

Is this better?...

IntaminHyper6.png

Thanks for all the comments!

A

Anonymous

^ Sorry, but that looks worse, you should have it from the top of the tall one to the base of the small one, then it will even look like something that have been done on an Intamin.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
loefet said:
^ Sorry, but that looks worse, you should have it from the top of the tall one to the base of the small one, then it will even look like something that have been done on an Intamin.

So similar to what I had it before, just further down the smaller one? (Towards the footer?)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yum.

It looks so elegant. I'm not sure any designer would choose a set-up like that, but structurally it's sound and it looks incredible.

Leighton

Mega Poster
You need to make sure the two top rails are exactly where you want them to be first, then place nodes around them almost equally spaced. Make sure they are the same distance apart as the ones on the lift. I would also try to match the steep arch shape of the lift too.

Make sure the rails are the size 2 tube, the bars connecting them are the I beams, and the diagonals are the L angles.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Leighton said:
You need to make sure the two top rails are exactly where you want them to be first, then place nodes around them almost equally spaced. Make sure they are the same distance apart as the ones on the lift. I would also try to match the steep arch shape of the lift too.

Make sure the rails are the size 2 tube, the bars connecting them are the I beams, and the diagonals are the L angles.

Yeah, I think I've done all that.

I wanted to try a parabola arch on the hill. I won't be doing anymore of them though, it just takes too long. And like Hixee said, no manufacturer would choose a system like that. I'm only doing this to make it look pretty!

Leighton

Mega Poster
A manufacturer would choose to support a ride like that if they had very strict rules on where they could place foundations on that piece of land.

It could possibly be that the two points where the arches touch the ground are the only places where the land is stable enough to hold such a massive structure.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Leighton said:
A manufacturer would choose to support a ride like that if they had very strict rules on where they could place foundations on that piece of land.

It could possibly be that the two points where the arches touch the ground are the only places where the land is stable enough to hold such a massive structure.

True, but I won't be building the whole thing like that!

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
The parts that are supported with that archway should have bi-rail track, both on the hill and lift, like Intimidator 305 does. The quad track there would be a bit overkill IMO.

Leighton

Mega Poster
The quad track on the lift hill is not overkill, it is there to add to the stiffness of the structure, I would have had to make the triangle support for the lift a lot more substantial if Bi rail was going to be used.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Second arch is done...

IntaminHyper8.png

The bi-rail is only there to see what it looks like. I'll be switching back to Quad. Also, the track connections aren't in place yet.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The only thing I question is the sheer amount of materials that would need to be used. I'm no expert, but I reckon there could be a more efficient solution.

It wouldn't look anywhere near as sexy though.

I do like the look of them against the skyline. :lol: