What's new

UncleArly's Development Thread.

BBH

Giga Poster
Re: UncleArly - 'Waldgeist' RMC Wooden Coaster.

Excuse me, I need to go sign myself up for a self-esteem clinic. That's just too damn fantastic.

AJClarke0912

Roller Poster

Hey Arly! If you increase your AVI fps settings to 30 NTSC, you'll get smoother videos. I noticed yours were always a bit rough and that may be the reason.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster

Oooh, welcome to CF, AJ. Good to see a NLE'er on here!

Thanks, I will do that :)

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Re: UncleArly - Intamin Strata

So the RMC bored me. I came up with this instead.

462ft high.

cCjlrOP.jpg

yEsQE8O.jpg

oHYHYG6.jpg

EYGE4wA.jpg

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Re: UncleArly - Intamin Strata

To give you a sense of scale, the two top supports are only a couple of feet taller than I305

R8RkDRh.jpg

1PQJIMo.jpg

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Re: UncleArly - Intamin Strata 29/10/2013

Yup. Mess around with the spine settings in CK add some custom crossties (someone I know kindly let me use thiers) and voila. :)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Oh boy. That is big... :lol:

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster

With the release of NL2 pretty imminent and my little time to be able to work on this, it probably won't get released soon. Unless I get more time, I don't want to rush it just for the sake of one last NL project. Thanks for the comments on this project, and hopefully it will get new life breathed into it for NL2. But, time will tell.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Re: UncleArly Development Thread - A No Limits Retrospective

So, since I doubt I will complete another track before NL2 is released, I thought I'd look back on my time using No Limits. It's only in the past couple of years that I've really got to grips with the program and created some half decent tracks. Pre-2010 however, I rushed out tracks like there was no tomorrow and had no thought behind them. I will include a download link for the tracks at the bottom of this post so you can witness the atrocities first hand should you so wish ;)

Some of you may remember these tracks.

Without further ado...

8MMcB2r.jpg

Edge of Glory –

This was my first attempt at a I305 style giga. It stands at 330ft tall and has some fun ejector air on the hills. The lift structure was built by a friend of mine and is structurally sound. It’s the key feature (and only redeeming one) of the track. Everything else is pants :p

aZNr9qL.jpg

Ethereal –
Intamin Mega-lite created for a competition on CoasterForce I believe. Really terrible shaping.

2srqa8C.jpg

Scheisse –
A prototype B&M cross between a Dive Machine and a Eurofighter. So very original colour scheme *cough*Stealth*Cough and heavy use of ByeTom’s rock pack (I removed them at some point apparently).

bvvtH7Q.jpg

Tempest –
A bog standard B&M invert with terrible use of terraformer. Jagged unnatural hills and poor shaping of the track. Pretty bad all around!

5x0DSBC.jpg

Torden –
A really bad recreation of Lynet. Nothing else to be said.

Download link for the 5 tracks:
https://www.mediafire.com/?brdjfat714yg7fo

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Re: UncleArly Development Thread - Tease me, tease me, tease

I had a burst if inspiration, making no promises as to whether I get this done in time or not...

RTLywG5.jpg

hV1vt63.jpg

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Re: UncleArly - 'Sharabha' B&M Floorless Coaster.

Not for the faint hearted, this B&M Floorless coaster is a slight departure from the graceful, light and 'floaty' B&M coaster of late...

Coming soon.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eWTHcPNII0&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]