What's new

UncleArly's Development Thread.

jolash

Mega Poster
Re: 'Amarok' - Intamin LSM Multi Launcher 06/09/2013

Someone help me out here. The file for Auger is a .nlpack file. What do I do here?

Intricks

Strata Poster

May I just say that whenever you start teasing anything, it looks utterly sexy.

The flat-turn inverting turnaround looks fun.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster

Why thank you. I wanted something similar to cheetah hunt's but more exciting :)

jolash

Mega Poster

Out of curiosity, do you use Newton, or are these hand-built?

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Re: 'Amarok' - Intamin LSM Multi Launcher 10/09/2013

Playing around with the supports for the turnaround...

mfzCNae.jpg

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Re: 'Amarok' - Intamin LSM Multi Launcher 10/09/2013

Thank you everyone. I enjoy building tracks, but knowing other people enjoy and look forward to my releases makes me more motivated.

I'm talking my time trying to perfect the smoothness on this one (with some help) but should have an update soon :)

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Re: 'Amarok' - Intamin LSM Multi Launcher 13/09/2013

So as said before, the 'Amarok' is an Alpine wolf, so the concept of the ride is the wolf has found an alpine resort and tears **** up. Yeah, cliche as ****, I know, but will hopefully look good. Here is a little picture of the lift/launch which is disguised as the chairlift. Not sure if I will keep that, looks a little ****.

KEOUZgy.jpg

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Re: 'Amarok' - Intamin LSM Multi Launcher 15/09/2013

Sorry for the triple, but I'd like this to be seen, maybe commented on? ;)

Anyway, I've made the LSMs for two of the launches so far (out of three). Made entirely out of supports and then converted to 3Ds in construction kit. I find this method much easier as I can build them in a separate editor file and then place them into th track and disable scenery which then means I don't have tonnes of nodes clogging the editor whilst I do the track supports.

3kht5n7.jpg

I know they aren't perfect, and I know 'proper' 3Ds could probably do a much better job, but modelling programs and I don't get along well. Plus, I enjoy building this way and I think it serves the purpose perfectly fine.

And here is a picture of heartline roll not long before the last set of brakes.

U7RIk9m.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Just hurry up... :lol:

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

I'm glad you removed the lifthill theming. It didn't quite fit right, at least for a sitdown coaster. I love the look of what you have right now though.

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster

I'd personally use the 1x4 flat wooden beams rotated to vertical for the launch fins. I love the look of that roll and the supports look pretty good, really looking forward to it's release.