What's new

Top 10: 2010 Edition

Nic

Strata Poster
I'm crap at ranking things. I'll put them in an order, but it won't really mean anything, so I'll forget it 10 mins later. I will give a list of my favourite coasters though (lets see how many I end up with....)

X
Nemesis
T'Ultimate
Stealth
Grand National

Honourable mentions to :
Tatsu
Formule X

Anything else would be superfluous. They're the coasters that really excite me. All the UK ones are coasters that I ride over and over as often as I can because I realy really enjoy them. I've been critisized by non-enthusiast friends before for being too non-plussed whilst riding coasters, but I always come off those full of excitement and enthusiasm, time and time again. X is absolutely my favourite coaster, and I would sell a kidney to be able to go on X2. It's the only coaster I can remember in my whole life (let alone since being an 'adult'!) that has scared me. The whole thing was terrifying, and therefore AMAZING!

I think its important to mention that, if I was someone eklse reading this, I wouldn't really trust this opinion. Who not? Because my coaster count is relatively low. Nearly all of these coasters are UK based, which is mostly down to a lack of bredth of experience. Well, that's one way of looking at it. However, for the main reason, read on...

I didn't realise it before, but after typing that out, I realise what I look for in a coaster. Its got little to do with the ride itself, but it's all about the adrennaline that it gets pumping round my body. It figures, I guess, as I used to do a lot of whitewater kayaking and other "extreme" sports (starting at the age of 7), but have had to give it all up over the last 3-4 years. I'm clearly a junkie, and coasters are my new way of getting a hit :)

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
nealbie said:
9. Menhir Express (Parc Asterix)

Please tell me you're just putting top ten rides, and not labelling that log flume (as good as it was) as a coaster?

Naemuti

Mega Poster
Nic said:
I think its important to mention that, if I was someone eklse reading this, I wouldn't really trust this opinion. Who not? Because my coaster count is relatively low.

Heh, really? I guess it's because I've only been on 80 or so but 162 seems like a pretty amount of experience with coasters. Definitely enough for a top 10 anyways.

Also, I'm pretty sure everyone likes there adrenaline rush. That's why we ride coasters, isn't it? :p

nealbie

CF Legend
Brad said:
gavin said:
nealbie said:
9. Menhir Express (Parc Asterix)

Please tell me you're just putting top ten rides, and not labelling that log flume (as good as it was) as a coaster?
The idiot that he is actually considers it as a coaster, as it has track on the bunny hill.

STFU, it's 10/10 and a cred so it gets on the list. :wink:

Today Black Mamba jumped in at #5 and Temple of the Night Hawk went to #9. Pushing Menhir and Oblivion out.

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
Probably going to be my top 10 for a while unless I make a surprise trip to somewhere I haven't been before the year ends:

1- El Toro
2- Maverick
3- Top Thrill Dragster
4- Kingda Ka
5- Griffon
6- SheiKra
7- Montu
8- Storm Runner
9- Fahrenheit
10- Manta

nealbie

CF Legend
EuroTrip concluded, 10 new credits taking me to 17 in total.....

1. Tonnerre de Zeus, Parc Asterix
2. Dragon Khan, PortAventura
3. Nemesis, Alton Towers
4. Monster, Walygator Parc
5. Black Mamba, Phantasialand
6. Silver Star, Europa Park

7. Piraten, Djurs Sommerland
8. Vliegende Hollander, Efteling
9. Troy, Toverland
10. Joris en de Draak (Water), Efteling
11. Joris en de Draak (Fire), Efteling

12. Colossos, Heide Park
13. Goliath, Walibi World
14. Temple of the Night Hawk, Phantasialand
15. Blue Fire, Europa Park

16. Menhir Express, Parc Asterix
17. Oblivion, Alton Towers

Honourable mention for awfulness can go to:- El Condor, The Dreaded EuroMir, Winjas Fear, Winjas Force and Walibi World in general.

dudecoasterman

Roller Poster
1. The Beast
2. Air
3.Manta
4. Xcelerator
5. Flight of Fear
6. Vortex(Canada's Wonderland)
7. Deja Vu (I finaly got to ride it)
8. Invertigo(Kings Island)
9. Dominator (Kings Dominion)
10. DiamondBack

tdub96

Roller Poster
The ones Ive ridden:
1.Maverick
2.Milennium Force
3.Phantoms Revenge
4.Magnum XL 200
5.Fly the Great Nor Easter
6.Mean Streak
7.Thunderbolt
8.Great White
9.Sky Rocket
10.Gemini

The Ones I Hope to ride:
1.Bizzaro (NE)
2.I305
3.Blue Fire
4.Intimidator
5.Top Thrill Dragster
6.The Beast
7.Kingda Ka
8.Expedition GeForce
9.El Toro
10.Diamondback/Nitro

Brookes

Giga Poster
Brookes said:
1. Montu
2. Kumba
3. Nemesis
4. Kraken
5. Expedition Everest
6. Hulk
7. SheiKra
8. Stealth
9. Colossus
10. Silver Star

I expect it to change a load this year.

Mine has changed quite a lot, I think its pretty much there now, not sure about one or two though.

1. X2
2. Montu
3. Nemesis
4. California Screamin’
5. Kumba
6. Terminator Salvation: The Ride
7. Xcelerator

8. Kraken
9. Tatsu
10. SheiKra

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
caffeine_demon said:
Colossos
Superman / la Atraccion de Acero
Black Mamba
Nemesis
Piraten
Oblivion
Troy
Ultimate
Saw
Colorado Adventure

My 1-5 ordering has changed a little..

1 - Colossos - Heide park. if el toro and boulaer dash are better, I can't wait to ride them

2 - Nemesis - up 2 - the layout, staging and consistent intenisity just make it so special - and riding on the back right seat is something else

3 - Piraten - up 2 - based on the fact I couldn't decide between this and nemesis for the number 4 spot it makes sense to up this too

4 - superman (ada) - parque warner - epic size...

5 - black mamba - only slightly less special than nemesis

so - will balder or lisebergbanan make my top 10 (or how about kanonen?)

Will

Strata Poster
OK, I can't often be bothered to think about this one, but just to clear it up, let's have an ammended, post-Eurotrip rundown...

1. Katun
2. Dragon Khan
3. Nemesis
4. Colossos
5. Expedition Ge Force
6. Black Mamba
-------------------------
7. Silver Star
8. Blue Fire
9. Megafobia
10. Lynet

The last one, thinking about it, may well just have been in the right place at the right time, so that's subject to change. Ideally while I'm in Sweden!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
caffeine_demon said:
so - will balder or lisebergbanan make my top 10 (or how about kanonen?)

It'll be interesting to see to be honest...

Personally, I can't see Balder getting too high, but it's a cracking ride - just probably not Colossos good.

The Banana is a very odd one. It's superb fun, but not an amazing ride... Such a laugh though... It's one of those tricky ones... The last high-g corner though is a killer.

So yeah, it'll be interesting to see.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Brad said:
and yes it is correct, Maverick is 20th and Silver Star is 19th *waits for death threats*

I'm not fussed about Maverick being that low down considering the rest in your list... But Silver Star? Really?

Naemuti

Mega Poster
To be honest, I'm more fussed about Magnum being on there period. But hey, it ain't my list that sucks. :wink:

Mike

Giga Poster
Pieman said:
But hey, it ain't my list that sucks.

Says the person with Great Bear, Storm Runner and Expedition Everest in his top 10!

...Says me! :p

I'm not sure where Balder's going to fit in on my list yet.
It was a really fantastic coaster, so it's probably going to go within my top 10 somewhere... Maybe.

Naemuti

Mega Poster
Mike said:
Pieman said:
But hey, it ain't my list that sucks.

Says the person with Great Bear, Storm Runner and Expedition Everest in his top 10!

...Says me! :p

I admit, Everest wasn't a great choice for a top 10. I re-evaluated it after my visit to Disney last week. I stand by my choices for Great Bear and Storm Runner though. :p