What's new

Top 10: 2010 Edition

marc

CF Legend
What makes me laugh about a lot of peoples top 10 is that very often a wooden coaster is no1, its the same for me as well.

Yet when market research is done a wooden coaster is not the choice parks in the uk would go for. I just find it strange and I bet if a good one was built the public would change their minds.

Snoo

The Legend
Its definitely aging.. or we overhyped it to ourselves last year when we rode it for the Live. While it isn't bad by any means, it just wasn't as fun as it was. And, personally, with my feeling for B&M floater getting lamer and lamer, especially when you ride coasters such as El Toro and Boulder Dash, the ride just lacks that punch we all know it could have.

As for woodies being the best.. I think it just shows what you can do if you can't do those special elements such as loops or launches. You need to create a ride that is epic without them.. and every single woodie which is in my top list does that in spectacular fashion.

Steel is just getting lame tbh.

Its definitely aging.. or we overhyped it to ourselves last year when we rode it for the Live. While it isn't bad by any means, it just wasn't as fun as it was.

Bam.

I came off it thinking it wasn't half as good as it was last year. Behemoth is still good, but again, not as fun as some of the woodies out there.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I think the main reason B&M hypers are not near what they could be is the trim brakes that literally kill all potential airtime. That was biggest flaw for Diamondback when I rode it last year, and then Raging Bull has the same problem, trims kill all the fun.

^ Yah, when they're trimless, they're amazing. I rode Behemoth trimless a few times and I don't think Diamondback was AS trimmed last season (but I could be wrong), and they were both great rides.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
When I rode Diamondback it was great, and then the trims made the train just crawl over the hill. I was so mad.

T0M

Hyper Poster
1. Oblivion
2. Jubilee Odyssey
3. Raptor Attack
4. Thirteen
5. The Ultimate
6. Nemesis
7. Air
8. Millennium Roller Coaster
9. Rita
10. Eagle's Claw

Only been to three parks this year!

Ben

CF Legend
When you and Neal were constantly going on about Piraten, I said Goliath is better and you both scoffed. I was right though.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
1. Boulder Dash

2. El Toro
3. Maverick
4. Voyage
5. Bizzaro
6. Ravine Flyer II
7. Top Thrill Dragster
8. Diamondback
9. Montu
10. Phoenix

I'm not completely sure that's right, it might change around a bit at some point. The top five is pretty much there though I think.

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
1. Bizarro
2. Hulk
3. Nitro
4. Medusa/Bizarro
5. Boulderdash
6. Cyclone (SFNE)
7. Batman: The Dark Knight (SFNE)
8. Kingda Ka
9. Rock 'n Rollercoaster
10. Dueling Dragons

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I never updated this after the second Live, so here's how my top 30 looks after my 2010 adventures:

El Toro
Maverick
Voyage
Diamondback
Griffon
Top Thrill Dragster
Apollo's Chariot
Ravine Flyer II
Behemoth
Shivering Timbers

Intimidator 305
Fahrenheit
Alpengeist
Storm Runner
Phoenix
Wildfire
Millennium Force
Afterburn
Patriot
Vampire

Kumba
Evel Knevel
Prowler

Tonnerre De Zeus
Montu
Goliath (La Ronde)
Thunderhead
X2
Magnum XL 200
Volcano: The Blast Coaster

Bolded is new from Shuckin' Escapade. Red is new this year, so pretty much from Dixieland Doozy if it's not bolded.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
After going through my top 75 a few times, I realized just how many quality coasters I have ridden. Some are just better than others. Zeus is still a kick ass ride, I just think there are others that are better.

Ben

CF Legend
I can't believe you still like it after going to America to see how woodies SHOULD be made...

Naemuti

Mega Poster
Updated, shouldn't change for, well, the rest of the year. :?

1. Boulder Dash
2. Maverick
3. El Toro
4. Superman: Ride of Steel (SFNE)
5. Storm Runner
6. Expedition Everest
7. Kingda Ka
8. Top Thrill Dragster
9. Lightning Racer
10. Great Bear

Okay, I need to stop being so damn indecisive. :roll: