What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

CF Legend
Re: The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

Those 'trims' are there for emergency reasons, as it would activate slowing the train down so it would come to a halt at the most easiest evacuation point (away from the lift/brakes). That's what I remember of those.

Martyn B

CF Legend

^ I guess that the sames goes for Air's trim, thats under the bridge?

Dar

Hyper Poster

Don't think it's actually B&M that's putting the thing together, I think it's a German company called RCS(?) and as far as I call tell they are responsible for putting lots of coasters up, but I do think think that B&M design their track to be very Meccano like and easy to put together!

On a side note, Coastermaniac94's post has made me think that they've missed a trick with the inline going over the station. Would have been cool to have a strip "ripped" out of the roof that one of the wings cuts through as it goes through the element. GREAT close encounter on the ride and adrenaline pumper for those waiting! But, alas, it's not to be!

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

any pic updates from today i know its only early but i really wont to see if it has made any progress :--D

Ollie

CF Legend

The latest picture from the time-lapse camera.
308956_130645817038828_115673268536083_95194_940170793_n.jpg

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

^They've done the zero-G too...

I doubt we'll be seeing much more progress of the zero-G roll, since there are no supports for the bottom of it.

However, it's looking EPIC!

jordypordy11

Mega Poster

^^ Also there's track in one of the pictures, so its probably either for the 0g or the exit for the angled loop thing*

Someone needs to try and get a picture from tidal wave, me thinks its the best view of the site ;)

andrus

Giga Poster

dominoes said:
Lets just drop the trims. I don't feel the difference, and they are put in for a reason, so there is no point in complaining about them.
I'm not complaining until I've ridden the ride.. BUT the truth is that trims either go by unnoticed or they can kill the ride totally like they do on Silver Star and EGF!! But you can't tell that until you've ridden the ride..

marc

CF Legend
The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

The coaster plus trim look fantastic was great to finally see it for real :)

They seemed to be mainly working at the top of the lift hill yesterday.

Twn114

Roller Poster

Im going this weekend for fright nights and will try and get a lot of photos wherever possible!

apart from the lift hill of tidal wave (which im not going to attempt!) where are the best views of the site? last time i was at thorpe was just before track construction started.

the king

Mega Poster

^Try out sunken gardens, that's a great place to get pics of the site. If you don't know how to get to sunken gardens, the entrance is beside stealth's queue line. Possibly stealth's platform, but you would have to take a quick pic, or else the staff will start saying to move on. And the future entrance of the swarm.

It appears they are beginning to make the bridge.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-3Z-Wuobog&feature=feedu[/youtube]

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

I have it on good authority that two "massive jet engines" are at the northern Merlin Studios. Presumably they'll be making their way to Thorpe soon.

I guess the theme is the next big update I'd like to see.

And ewww, dirty trim </3 And yes, I know it can be tweaked so it'll unnoticeable but Swarm looks ball-achingly gorgeous, therefore it ruins the aesthetics.

tks

Strata Poster

Hmmm. I kind of ruins the view of Stealth from the entrance </3

Status
Not open for further replies.