What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

TP Rich

Hyper Poster
Re: The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

Yes, I agree. It would be nicer if it were positioned further to the west so that Stealth had its own space when viewed from the car park, but anyhow, it still looks impressive on the skyline. I'm going to be making a visit tomorrow, so I'll be typing up some construction updates. It's my first midweek visit during THE SWARM's construction, so it'll be the first time I can really give some real updates. :D

Martyn B

CF Legend

I think its looks great, its looking more and more like a Six Flags park, being able to see all the massive rides as you roll up!

Might not be the best park ever, but who cares, so long as they keep adding rides like this!

spicy

Giga Poster
The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

Martyn B said:
Might not be the best park ever, but who cares, so long as they keep adding rides like this!

Exactly, it's the only park in the country that would/could ever build a coaster like this.

Its just great to have a new B&M in the country as well, been far too long!

AJ

Giga Poster

I'd rather have Thorpe back to its former 2003 glory.

But hey, keep cramming them rides in and making it more of a DUMP </3

themeparkguide

Roller Poster

photos from today...

IMAGE_250.jpg

IMAGE_247.jpg

IMAGE_249.jpg

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

Looks like they've been working on the supports...we should see the in-line twist soon and perhaps more of the zero-g?

The Swarm really does dominate the park now as you can see the ride from the whole park if you get a good enough view point
(from theme park guide)

Agreed, it just looks majestic! :p

Ethan

Strata Poster

I have been waiting to see that support for weeks... it looks like it should be a tight squeeze!

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

^That part of the ride is sooo fun on raptor!

You slide to the edge of your seat and feel like you're going to fall out...which you don't of course...

ry1996

Mega Poster

WOW, it's looking real good now, great to see those in-Line twist supports in there.

kimahri

CF Legend

Wingriders seem to becoming my new favorite ride type now. They look so fappable. And it's post-aplocalyptic! Mmmmm.

Venom2053

Hyper Poster

Never ridden a wingrider, i'm going to have to make another trip to England to ride this one :D but I'm more likely to be riding X-flight before this (N) which doesn't look nearly as exciting as Swarm.

TP Rich

Hyper Poster

Well, today a few new supports were erected and two pieces of track were put up at the back of the island. Aside from this, work was being done on support foundations below the lift hill and first drop.

Mit deLuxe

Hyper Poster

Quick question, does anybody to what extent they will be theming? I know they will have the plane crash and all, but how detailed wil the overall effort be?

the king

Mega Poster

From what I see from the plans, they should be doing the theming to a high extent. LIke with the fencing for the queue line, the burned tree near the ride entrance, themed bridge, and a whole bunch of theming things done to the church, with the tower as well.

Inverse

Hyper Poster

From the Facebook page:

313649_132088653561211_115673268536083_97946_352882605_n.jpg

That's gonna be quite an intimidating view from the outside seats...

Beans

Hyper Poster

Absolutely Awesome, even looks like you might hit your head as you spin.....Look how tiny Colossus and the Dome look

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

That is going to be taken so slowly...it's almost painfully slow. To be honest, I'm not sure that it won't hurt. Usually the forces generated by the speed of the inversion keep you from hitting the OSTR'S with your shoulders...here, you'll be fine and then you turn upside down and...ouch!

Inverse

Hyper Poster

^ It's going to have Flying coaster style restraints, or at least Raptor does (correct me if I'm wrong). That should mean it's nice and cosy.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster

This looks even more fun than it looked on the recreations. That drop really is going to be epic.

Status
Not open for further replies.