What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Re: The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

^Oh dear. Facebook says that the content is currently unavialable....

If anyone else can't see the pics then here's the link to Beans photobucket homepage...great pics though Beans (as usual)! :--D

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm119/Beans67

As for the ride itself, it's looking amazing....and check out the width of the track! One of beans pics shows a worker next to the track...

Beans

Hyper Poster

I will load all to Facebook anyway there are more on photobuckets from last week as well. I am loading all from both weeks so you can see all I took, not just the ones I elected to choose....

This is very frustrating but I will win eventually!! Facebook might not work temporarily as I am loading up more phots of 13th October

http://s294.photobucket.com/albums/mm11 ... 020102011/
for direct to the ones that have disappeared on here

http://s294.photobucket.com/albums/mm11 ... 013102011/
this wa 13.10.2011 as well....

iblamefish

Roller Poster

Joey said:
Ollie said:
297553_129583947145015_115673268536083_93032_1620224245_n.jpg

Source, please... Don't drop images and run.

Looks like it's from the swarm page on facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pages/THE-SWARM-Developers-Diary/115673268536083

tks

Strata Poster

Hmm. Still can't decide which is going to be the best side for the drop.

Left so you fall down and under, or right so you tip up and over..?

Smithy

Strata Poster

Left I'd say, underneath for the drop and then on the outside for the Zero-G so you'll be thrown through it more.

B&MintaminGCI

Roller Poster

I feel like the right will be better, because you'll be going up and over on the first drop. Then through the zero g roll you'll be pulled through it, because it rotates to the right, so your seat will be pulling out from under you. Then on the low to the ground turn after the inclined loop you'll be low to the ground, and then again, pulled through the corkscrew because it rotates right again, then pushed through the inline because it rotates left.

ry1996

Mega Poster

Progress is happening really fast right now...I love that drop and the zero g roll.
The coaster has such an imposing structure.

Ethan

Strata Poster

^ What in those pictures is new?
The construction site for this coaster doesn't look quite as nice as that of Wild Eagle, but there's lots of activity so I guess there's nothing to complain about :)

Idlewild

Mega Poster
The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

Not much, but it's been a while since been to Thorpe. I was hoping the rest of the zero g roll would go up yesterday. Bit disappointing.

ry1996

Mega Poster

^ Think yourself looky, i have never been to a park when vertical construction of a coaster has been
happening, lots has been going on and i can't wait for more.

Nick

Mega Poster

ry1996 said:
^ Think yourself looky, i have never been to a park when vertical construction of a coaster has been
happening, lots has been going on and i can't wait for more.

It's hardly lucky. Whenever I've been to a park with construction going on I've just wanted to ride the bloody thing, much rather there was no construction and it was open :p

The picture which has depth charge in front is impressive. The height this thing towers over that is awesome!

jordypordy11

Mega Poster

Looks like there working on the inline twist now, with a couple of supports in:

Swarm21101128.jpg

LINK HERE

Why dont they just complete the construction of the track like they did or have so far on Wild Eagle? they randomly keep doing different parts.. ( i know that the inline twist would need doing before the station is completed...)

the king

Mega Poster

^The guy who posted it on the mania hub forum forgot to put in that that picture is from Theme UK's update, so that pic was from yesterday. Surely today, they would've worked on the in-line twist or the zero-g roll then.

jordypordy11

Mega Poster

Ahh, okay good spot, cheers :)

And you'd expect them to of done either of the zero-g or the inline twist :)

the king

Mega Poster

They must've done either of the two, unless they continued with the helix, or just decided to pour the rest of the footers today, and call it a day.

Half of the zero-g roll up, from theme park guide.
Halfofthezero-groll.jpg

Thirst

Roller Poster

When they test rides for the first time, do they run it with the trims turned off and then trim speeds down, or do they run with trims on and run trim speeds up?

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

jordypordy11 said:
Why dont they just complete the construction of the track like they did or have so far on Wild Eagle? they randomly keep doing different parts.. ( i know that the inline twist would need doing before the station is completed...)
I was wondering if maybe it's down to weather...? I assume taller structures are harder to put into place in the wind? Maybe? I dunno. Just a thought. Maybe they try and get all the tall stuff up whenever it's not windy.

Status
Not open for further replies.