What's new

Thorpe Park | Hyperia | Mack Hyper Coaster | 2024

ScottLann

Mega Poster
Not sure if trains are on-site at all yet, but with the likelihood this will be topped off before this weekend, could it be possible to say we may begin to see testing in the next week or two?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
^Trains will be on-site next week from what I've heard.

That drop is giving me a semi.

What I didn't realise until now is that it seems to go beyond vertical before twisting round the other way. I kind of expected it to start twisting immediately after cresting the lift hill. Airtime in the back gonna be ludicrous.
Only a semi? 😂 Yes that drop will be one of the best in the world in the back. Prepare to be yeeted to France.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
^Trains will be on-site next week from what I've heard.

Only a semi? 😂 Yes that drop will be one of the best in the world in the back. Prepare to be yeeted to France.
Loving your signature... The 'hype' really is real now isn't it?

Honestly I can't decide between my 2 favourite drops in the world, of all I've ridden, and they're both at Energylandia. As soon as I saw the plans for this, that crest reminded me of their profiling. This looks like it 'could' topple them, in that you'll get that insane ejector, but then be twisted like crazy whilst actually already out of your seat. The only question is, will that feel better than the way Hyperion and Zadra sustain their ejector? I think it will, but we'll see.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
It is my understanding that trains are at Thorpe and will be taken to the ride soon.

As for testing, it should be remembered that they will have to create some form of ride area barriers, finish off electrical work, install the lift chain, etc. How long that will take is anyone's guess right now I'd say.

freddycoasterkid

Roller Poster
91c48a0f32fa9b529861b639bbf9e5c4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt N

CF Legend
We thinking this thing will be open by June? I'm not familiar with construction timeframes.
I’d imagine so. I reckon that the track will be completed within the next day or two, and Thorpe Park have now said that testing will begin approximately 3 weeks after this, so around the end of March.

As such, I reckon it should be open by June if all goes well.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
For the longest time I was still a wee bit peeved that we weren't getting a B&M hyper in the UK, but after seeing these most recent pictures I've officially changed my mind. I'm now glad we're getting this instead.
Just the shape of it on the skyline, it's already one of the most instantly recognisable outlines of any coaster anywhere. Just look at it!

91c48a0f32fa9b529861b639bbf9e5c4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Much as I love a good B&M, this is so much more interesting and unique than a traditional hyper layout. I hate to admit it, but I'm beginning to think Thorpe Park made the right choice here. I just can't imagine a B&M hyper, however good, would be generating this much buzz in the goon community.
Fair play to 'em. 👏👏👏

FogZog

Mega Poster
For the longest time I was still a wee bit peeved that we weren't getting a B&M hyper in the UK, but after seeing these most recent pictures I've officially changed my mind. I'm now glad we're getting this instead.
Just the shape of it on the skyline, it's already one of the most instantly recognisable outlines of any coaster anywhere. Just look at it!

Much as I love a good B&M, this is so much more interesting and unique than a traditional hyper layout. I hate to admit it, but I'm beginning to think Thorpe Park made the right choice here. I just can't imagine a B&M hyper, however good, would be generating this much buzz in the goon community.
Fair play to 'em. 👏👏👏
I could still happily imagine a nice long B&M Hyper