What's new

Thorpe Park | Hyperia | Mack Hyper Coaster | 2024

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
that drop is insane! cannot wait for it!

im still concerned about the landscaping though!, currently your freefall diving into a muddy pond!
No I’m not, I’m sat at home wondering how long before they add trains and do a pull through!!! 😉🙃🤪

Hopefully everyone has abandoned any silly ideas of an April opening now, so it looks like they’ll have time to get the area looking much nicer, before I do any free fall diving. :)

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
It really won't take long to landscape, pumping out that pond, turfing and planting trees/shrubs can be done quite quickly. I'd imagine that they'll line the pond and put some aggregate down to stop it from becoming a mud bath again too.

This is all work that can happen relatively quickly when ready.

I'm hoping we'll see plant delivery soon. Thorpe's planting is one of the park's strong points with lots of broad-leafed tropical looking shrubs, pampas grass than I've seen anywhere else and bamboo to hide stuff away.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
It really won't take long to landscape, pumping out that pond, turfing and planting trees/shrubs can be done quite quickly. I'd imagine that they'll line the pond and put some aggregate down to stop it from becoming a mud bath again too.

This is all work that can happen relatively quickly when ready.

I'm hoping we'll see plant delivery soon. Thorpe's planting is one of the park's strong points with lots of broad-leafed tropical looking shrubs, pampas grass than I've seen anywhere else and bamboo to hide stuff away.
Exactly, will take longer to do all the remaining coaster work, pull through, programming, testing etc, than it will to tidy up the area. Not much point in even starting on most of the landscaping and planting until there’s no longer any heavy equipment needed on site.