What's new

Thorpe Park | Hyperia | Mack Hyper Coaster | 2024

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
So according to the Twitter rumour mill (which I usually ignore, but hey it got Universal Bedford right!), testing should begin tomorrow with a possible train reveal today.

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
Let's see. I just cheekily asked Thorpe if they could confirm or deny.

I actually never noticed there were two zero car designs, but you're right, Blue Fire's is the better.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
tbh, I don't think the trains are on the track yet, so it's highly unlikely that we'll be seeing testing tomorrow.

I guess we could see a look at trains soon / tomorrow. But testing? I'm going to go out on a limb and say no chance.

7 weeks to go!

catsounds

Mega Poster
my bad I always assumed pull throughs were to make sure there wasn't any warped sections of track or something that would damage the train 🤣

spicy

Giga Poster
tbh, I don't think the trains are on the track yet, so it's highly unlikely that we'll be seeing testing tomorrow.

I guess we could see a look at trains soon / tomorrow. But testing? I'm going to go out on a limb and say no chance.

7 weeks to go!

7 weeks to go until opening yet it hasn’t even tested yet or trains or even on site seems a bit on the tight side?

Any kind of complication during testing puts that opening date they have already announced in jeopardy.

I just think Thorpe may have taken a bit of a risk with this big announcement for the opening date in 7 weeks when this hasn’t even tested yet?

Hope i’m wrong though and it opens on time..

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I believe both trains are at the park now (one definitely is). But yes, fully agree that it's a tight schedule.

Matt N

CF Legend
The planning application stated that the ride would test for 28 days, if I’m remembering correctly, so it’s still within Thorpe Park’s originally intended timescales.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I believe both trains are at the park now (one definitely is). But yes, fully agree that it's a tight schedule.
There was a weird, but persistent, rumour that the trains were going on over night last night... Any ideas if that happened, or was it all hot air?

The planning application stated that the ride would test for 28 days, if I’m remembering correctly, so it’s still within Thorpe Park’s originally intended timescales.
Do they not have to do a pull through first? If they have to do a traditional pull through on that compact site, at those heights, it's going to take a minute or two.

BBooth2

Roller Poster
Assuming everything within those 28 days goes to plan!

I have every faith it will open in time, just seems a brave move to announce an opening day before any testing at all has taken place

Matt N

CF Legend
Do they not have to do a pull through first? If they have to do a traditional pull through on that compact site, at those heights, it's going to take a minute or two.
If I’m remembering correctly, I don’t think Mack tend to do pull throughs. Pull throughs are more of an Intamin thing.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
If I’m remembering correctly, I don’t think Mack tend to do pull throughs. Pull throughs are more of an Intamin thing.
I’ve seen Mack do pull through tests…

Here’s one. https://blogmickey.com/2017/09/phot...-continues-morning-disneys-hollywood-studios/

But I think you could be right, don’t remember seeing one for starfall racers, despite seeing one for the DK coaster, so maybe they do something else to check clearance on newer Mack coasters.