What's new

THE WORLD CUP!!!

Snoo

The Legend
Donovan makes me want to have kids and name them Landon.

And you should all be proud.. I've watched half of the US-Ghana game.. <3

Dave

CF Legend
Ghaaanaaa!

I'm not too bothered if we lose against Germany tomorrow, they are a good side. I just hope Argentina wins the World Cup :p

RCF

Strata Poster
^I know, a lot of people are saying that Germany's a good side so hell.

And I really don't know who to root for at this point. Either Spain, Argentina, or Brazil.

CMonster

Giga Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sD_8prYOxo[/youtube]

Nope, he got it wrong- TWO people are allowed to kick the ball. :p

I'm sad USA lost, though. :cry:

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Hixee said:
Well that went well...
It certainly did! :p
That's five World Cup wins over England & the first time Germany has scored 4 against the Brits.
The missed goal made up for the non-goal in '66 & that victory remains England's only one over Germany in World Cup play. At least England won when it counted.
Great to have Klose back. That was his 50th international strike & puts him level with Pele for World Cup goals at 12.
Argentina-Mexico next!

Ollie

CF Legend
I hope the linesman and ref hire some bloody good body guards now. ;)

Although they were right.. It wasn't a goal.
20849_1326254081194_1376188666_30722104_3307234_n.jpg

RCF

Strata Poster
I will never forgive Mexico for what they did in '02 so I hope Argentina continues to kick their arse.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
What did Mexico do in '02 other than get their ass kicked by the Yanks? :p

RCF

Strata Poster
When we played them the Mexicans were holding up anti-US signs and taunting the Americans about 9/11

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Ok. Not a biggie to me since we showed them what it's all about on the field & have been doing so for almost a decade now.
I do feel bad for the Mexicans getting that Tevez offside goal allowed, but they really only have themselves to blame for the loss. Is it just me or has the officiating been particularly poor this World Cup? There's always been issues, like Maradona's Hand-of-God goal, but this time around there seems to be more major mistakes than usual.
As for Tevez, that second goal was a beauty. Maybe the best goal scored at this World Cup so far.
I'm really looking forward to the quarterfinal rematch from the last World Cup when Germany beat Argentina on penalty kicks. Hopefully this time around it won't come down to that & Germany will win outright. Either way, I'm sticking to my prediction that the winner of that game will go all the way.
Speaking of predictions, it looks like I got the Argentina-Mexico game right & I never would have thought that Germany would put in 4, but I knew England would only score one.