What's new

THE WORLD CUP!!!

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
^They did catch Paraguay on an off day. Too bad they couldn't take advantage of it.
Speaking of an off day, what was up with Portugal? Now I'm really pissed that they went through instead of the Ivory Coast. The Elephants would have given Spain a real game instead of that lay-down-and-die performace that Ronaldo & Co displayed. I'm surprised he didn't leave the field in tears -
icon_censored.gif
ing cry baby.
And the Villa goal was offside. The refs continue to dominate play in South Africa. :roll:

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^Villa's 'offside' was very very difficult to call since it was literally just his foot behind the defender...

If I recall correctly, the laws of the game state something about there needing to be light between the players in such a situation, hence, the correct call was made...

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Time for a few more predictions:
Brazil 2, Holland 1
Uruguay 1, Ghana 0
Germany 2, Argentina 2 (Argentina advances on penalties)
Spain 2, Paraguay 1

I'm pulling for Germany to win even though my prediction has Argentina going through & I'm still sticking to my original prediction that the winner of the game will go all the way. The game is going to be great & it's the matchup I've been looking forward to the most. Germany was lucky to knock Argentina out on penalties at this stage four years ago, so I've got a feeling it might be time for some payback.

Dave

CF Legend
What a goal by Muntari!

I love Muntari <3 Ex-Pompey player, and fired us to Wembley back in 2008

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Coar, those last few minutes is one of the reasons football is great...

Absolute madness, great game and a shame really that Ghana lost in the way they did... But that's the game...

I want Germany and Spain to be the other semi-final, mainly because I'd prefer to see Maradona get stuffed like the twat he is...

Dave

CF Legend
****ing Suarez! What a ****!

But was a really good game and I feel so sorry for Ghana, they were robbed by a handball!

peep

CF Legend
^I saw those last few minutes at a pub in London, absolutely incredible atmosphere. Never seen such an intense, exciting moment before, that is the sort of game you want to see every time. They were totally robbed when it came to the penalties though. Shame.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Nemesis Inferno said:
Jerry should really stop doing predictions :lol:
Hey, at least I'm not afraid to put them out there.
And I don't mind getting the Brazil result wrong at all. Hopefully I'll do the same with my Argentina prediction & we could just end up with a Germany-Holland final. :--D
Dave said:
icon_censored.gif
Suarez! What a
icon_censored.gif
Any player would have done that in that situation & if he hadn't Uruguay would have been out. Suarez will receive a hero's homecoming when he returns to Uruguay.
Can't help but feel for Ghana. Probably the toughest exit any team has ever made from a World Cup.

Pierre

Strata Poster
^ Exactly, he made a sacrifice for his country and it paid off.

I have a mate whos from Ghana, and I kind of feel glad they're gone (its a shame the way they went out!) because hes been winding me up ever since we got thrashed by the Germans :lol: at least he can have more pride in the way his country performed.

Dave

CF Legend
Well I feel less annoyed than last night...haha

I was just annoyed with Suarez for the handball, could've been won for Ghana, but Gyan missed it.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Germany are gunna thrash Argentina today.

Also Paraguay are a tasty bet at 6/1 seeing as Spain have hardly set the tournament alight.... hmmm...

I'll join in prediction time...

Argentina 1-3 Germany...
Paraguay 1-1 Spain... Paraguay on pens.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Your Argentina-Germany prediction was much better than mine, but like I said, I'm so happy that I was wrong.
Germany played great today, but I'm sure the British press will just go on about how poor Argentina were instead of how well Germany played. :roll:
Klose has now tied Gerd Mueller & needs one more goal to match Ronaldo's record. I hope he puts in at least two more to move into the goalscoring lead.

Pierre

Strata Poster
No no no the British press are full of praise for Germany, they see it as if they dumped Argentina out in such emphatic style maybe England weren't that bad (even though we were!)

Martyn

Giga Poster
Haha yeah, if Germany win it then we'll be saying that we should have come second. How's that for logic?

Ben

CF Legend
Why are people allowed to commentate when they can't even get the name of the country right? IT'S NOT ****ING HOLLAND!

NETHERLANDS to win <3