What's new

Tele2 Insane, Intamin ZacSpin for Gröna Lund

A

Anonymous

After just arsing around in the morning they finished of the ending during the afternoon yesterday.
And today they seems to have picked up some speed and started installing new pieces from the start.

Insane090217.png

Mmm tight...
http://www.gronalund.com

oriolat2

Giga Poster
They are really speeding the construction now...

Inferno was built in no time as well so I wouldn't expect this to take longer than 2 weeks to be erected.

When is the ride scheduled to open?

A

Anonymous

^ April 25:th to be exact.
I have a feeling that "Parks & Resorts Scandinavia" have struck a deal with RCS (or whoever is constructing the rides) to erect all 3 coasters they are putting up this year (Delfinexpressen, Insane and Tranan).
So after they are done here then we would see updates from Skara...

A fresh image for everyone...
Insane090218.jpg

Not much to see soon, I really hope that they move the cam pretty soon...

EDIT: I mailed Gröna Lund about moving the web-cam and I just got an answer saying that they are going to move it and that it will be at it's new location during tomorrow. YAY!!

A

Anonymous

Insane090219.jpg

Not much more to see here now...

Insane090219_1.jpg

Oooo, what just happened, did the Gröna Lund people change the angle. So the rest of the construction will be on a slant...

Wonder how long it will be until they have to change the view again.

EDIT1:

It didn't take them long to change it, I have to say that this view is superb and the sun won't interfere with that camera as it did before in the evenings, but if they had tilted it slightly downwards then it would have been even better.

Insane090219_2.jpg

Mmmm, not much to do now.

EDIT2:

Looks like my word is their law :--D

Insane090219_3.jpg

Absolutely perfect image!! I can't wait for this thing to open now!!

A

Anonymous

After adding loads of supports yesterday evening, they started the day with track-work.

Insane090220.jpg

The MCBR have been installed with wheels and everything.

A

Anonymous

This will be fantastic!
And the speed it's going up with is simply stunning!

A

Anonymous

Insane090220_1.jpg

They have done a lot in the afternoon, now it's only the top part left, wonder if they get it done tomorrow...

oriolat2

Giga Poster
This is really taking shape now!

I love how this is turning out... seriously... it's a great improvement from the other Intamin ZacSpins built to date.

Hopefully this one will be as intense and crazy as the previous models.

A

Anonymous

Here are updates from today:

There are some new pictures on RCDB, they are a few days old but they look really good.
p22881.jpg

RCDB

Also today noon web-cam image show's a bit of progress, my guess is that they will complete it on Monday.
Insane090221.jpg

http://www.gronalund.com/

Evening update!

Not much have happened this evening, but a large complex piece of support have been added. But hey it's Saturday.
Insane090221_1.jpg

http://www.gronalund.com/

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I leave my comp for a week, and now this... Simply stunning, but I'd like to not miss the next huge set of news.

Well, better than the disaster news I've got every other holiday (Rainbow accident, El Toro hit by lightning, etc...).

tks

Strata Poster
I keep forgetting you hang off the side of the track. Otherwise it'd be a rather tight squeeze!

A

Anonymous

^ Even if most of the cars are hanging on the sides, I think that some stuff are super tight.

Evening time!

They are done for today, 2 new track pieces and the last support are now in place...

Insane090223_1.jpg

www.gronalund.com/

Looking like they may finish it of tomorrow...

A

Anonymous

They have added a giant piece this morning, just the top of the lift that is missing. They can easily finish of the major steel work today.

Insane090224.jpg

www.gronalund.com

kimahri

CF Legend
Well that was fast....

Awesome sauce.
I like the Zac spin things.

Now we just need the ball coaster.

A

Anonymous

Another update:

The tallest part and the lift-hill engine is getting installed, just one track piece left after that.
But the most interesting thing is that they are now putting on the car chassis (the white thing being put on the lift on the top-right side).

Insane090224_1.jpg

www.gronalund.com

A

Anonymous

Insane090224_2.jpg

Almost there...

Insane090224_3.jpg

Wiii, the major stuff is done!!

So, the track is now complete with 2 car chassis are on it. I guess that the final stuff is going to go up soon as well as doing a pull through.

Will post another update as I see/find something new.