What's new

Tele2 Insane, Intamin ZacSpin for Gröna Lund

A

Anonymous

They have finally sorted the web cam image on the front page so that the whole image is visible.

insane090417.jpg

Much of the station is done.

The press day is on the 21:st so there is still stuff to be done until then...

Thom25

Roller Poster
Great pictures - THANK YOU for sharing.

Have you seen or know of any videos of the ride testing?

A

Anonymous

I haven't actually looked for a video, but after a quick search then I came up with nothing. But if you wait until Tuesday, then I'm pretty sure there will be a few, since it's the press day of the ride.

A

Anonymous

Looks like they have hit a snag in the testing...

insane090419.jpg

That car have been stuck there for quite some time now.

insane090419_1.jpg

They got it working again...

Lofty

CF Legend
This really does look rather incredible!

The only thing I have a problm with these is their lifthills, theyre incredibly ugly pieces, if they were straight they'd be alot better!

Looking at the photos from the link at the top of the page, I dont think the break runs actualy slow the cars down by alot!

A

Anonymous

^ I don't think that the lift is a problem, it's a nice arc (the web-cam images screw it up a bit).

Looks like the ride itself is done, and ready for riders:

p23290.jpg

Thom25

Roller Poster
^^ Amazing pic Loefet - thank you - any more or a video?

Question - Is it me, or does it look like the inside person could actually reach out and put his hand on the track?

A

Anonymous

^ Nothing that I have seen, there will be a lot of pictures/videos etc. coming tomorrow since it's press day.

There is no way someone can reach the track from a seat, it's just the picture that make it so it looks like it.

Ben

CF Legend
A. What's with the really harsh and almost dead-stopping MCBR?

B. Why can't these types of ride flip more than once :(?

Anac0nda

Mega Poster
I really hope that stopping is only due to testing. If it's going to be that way...Goodbye pacing. And that makes Kirnu WAY better.

But thanks for these videos! I've been waiting anxiously!

A

Anonymous

One car stalled today again during testing...

And instead of getting a crane to hoist a man basket to the car, they had an employee to crawl out through the track:)
insane_090422.jpg

EDIT (15 minutes later): another car have just stalled on the same location, I think that they might have to remove a trim to make the coaster more reliable.

Note, that both these times they were running empty cars.

Emmett

Giga Poster
I'm still a bit sceptical of these types of coasters. From watching various pov's they looking very disorientating and very short. But I still want to wait until I ride one before really judging one. Hopefully I will get to ride Insane sometime in the summer.

Nick

Mega Poster
^yes I'm rather skeptical too, but then again, they take up such a tiny amount of space, so if there was some kind of thrill vs space graph, I think these would be pretty high up. However, do they really offer much more than a decent flat? They look impressive but could you get more bang for your buck / space with a decent flat ride?

A

Anonymous

They had some issues with Insane when they opened this weekend, it stalled a couple of times on the lift, but they think it's an software issue so it could be a quick fix. They had a 2+ hour queue for the ride so I will wait a bit until I go there.

A

Anonymous

Was it just me or did the POV show it to not invert once?

Hmmmm! Seems a bit crap tbh!