What's new

Tayto Park | Cú Chulainn Coaster | Gravity Group

rollercoaster2

Mega Poster
Thanks!

You can see the over banked turn being built in this pic on the far left in the background.

201505-construction-03.jpg

Ethan

Strata Poster
Shame it's a car park coaster but the actually ride could be fab! Hopefully the trains won't pin you down too much!

rollercoaster2

Mega Poster
The coaster beside a car park is very common in the US. You have to remember Tayto Park is a small park hopping over the big guns. And that is difficult and takes time. But they have time, land and money to burn so give them time. It only opened in 2010 and it is already Wally World territory. =D>

Ethan

Strata Poster
^ I know car park coasters are common in the US, I've been on this site since 2008 for some reason. I'm just saying the ride looks fabulous but at this time the surrounding dampen the excitement slightly for me!

Still, it's a woodie in the UK so I'll stop complaining.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Cue rant from Belfast_Conor :p

If we're going on technicalities The Republic of Ireland (i.e. the southern but where Tayto Park is) is a separate country whilst Northern Ireland is part of the UK, apparently you can easily drive between the two without let or hinderance so realistically it's just a technicality than a written rule.

rollercoaster2

Mega Poster
Ethan said:
^ I know car park coasters are common in the US, I've been on this site since 2008 for some reason. I'm just saying the ride looks fabulous but at this time the surrounding dampen the excitement slightly for me!

I agree if that's the way it looks when finished. But it's not finished yet so i'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Looks like a lot of planting and other things yet to be done.

nadroJ

CF Legend
And to be honest the surrounding areas of the car park was just fields trees and s few houses do nothing too hideous either way, kind of like Troy at Toverland.

ManiaMuse

Roller Poster
Jordanovichy said:
Cue rant from Belfast_Conor :p

If we're going on technicalities The Republic of Ireland (i.e. the southern but where Tayto Park is) is a separate country whilst Northern Ireland is part of the UK, apparently you can easily drive between the two without let or hinderance so realistically it's just a technicality than a written rule.
You can drive from Spain to Portugal, or between Germany and Poland or take a train from France to Belgium without having your passport or any ID checked yet that doesn't make any of them the same country.

ROI is most certainly a separate country to the UK/NI. If you think otherwise then be my guest and tell a that to a local in a pub in Belfast or Dublin. Let me know how you get on (assuming you survive...)

Ben

CF Legend
I also love how being able to drive between countries is what makes them not separate - not, you know, judicial systems, governments, currencies...

ManiaMuse is right, by that logic the whole of mainland Europe is just one big country.

If only you'd been alive in the 90s Jordan, could have explained to the IRA it's all just a "technicality".

You know I love you NHS but, come on.

Anyway, the coaster looks amazing - can't wait to ride it in August!

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
That is not what I meant -_-

I am fully aware that you can drive through pretty much all of Europe without any problems or any proper border stops...UK and France appears the only problem :p

I was just saying that that's the case here to clarify.

And I'm not meaning all the IRA stuff was a 'technicality', I was just generalising the fact that the UK and ROI are separate countries as a technicality.

I love you too Ben...dearly, but stop being snide ;D xx