What's new

Tayto Park | Cú Chulainn Coaster | Gravity Group

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Re: Tayto Park | The Cú Chulainn Coaster | Gravity Group Woo

Will it really be open by then? It seems like tons of work still needs to be done.

Not mention testing...

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

rollercoaster2

Mega Poster

There is a lot to do. The inverted bend is not even under construction yet looking at pics and the landscaping is another thing. It's a tight timeline. But it will be 20th of May seemingly.

201503-2-construction-07.jpg

201503-2-construction-06.jpg

201503-2-construction-02.jpg

201503-2-construction-05.jpg

201503-2-construction-04.jpg

Noxegon

Roller Poster

Spoke to the park this morning – am organising a trip for the ECC. The date quoted wasn't correct, actual one to be advised.

Smithy

Strata Poster

Cheers for the heads up there, be a shame if people book anything based off of an incorrect date.

TilenB

Strata Poster

Noxegon said:
Spoke to the park this morning – am organising a trip for the ECC. The date quoted wasn't correct, actual one to be advised.

I thought the date set was a bit optimistic, considering how much of work is there still to do.

Just to clarify, you are the guy who took most of the constructions pictures that now circle around, right?

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
I'm very interested to here what people say about this when it opens. At the moment, I'm not sure whether it's going to be a well-paced, exciting woodie or a little on the dull side because it does look quite drawn-out. Either way, I think it will be a very exciting addition for the park.

Noxegon

Roller Poster
Yes, I am the person who has taken most of the construction photos.

Apparently I'm not authorised to post links, but you'll find them if you Google :)

rollercoaster2

Mega Poster
http://www.enjoygram.com/m/957178333034 ... 1442574119

11142353_420330228140530_621804719_n.jpg

New park map I found posted on instagram.

They opened a new park railway, 5D cinema, "Dinosaurs Alive" attraction (not sure what this is), Air Race and the "Rotator" this year with obviously the coaster to come too.

Really good starting point for a small park only opened 5 years a go?

One thing they will have to sort out is their queuing arrangements though! Been reading in the last couple of days queues of up to 2km's on a approach roads and up to an hour and a half standing just to get in it's been so busy. In their defence the queues seem to be across what is still a construction site. Still this can rile people very easily.

Noxegons pics have been great btw!

CarolinaRider

Mega Poster
rollercoaster2 said:
http://www.enjoygram.com/m/957178333034996544_1442574119

They opened a new park railway, 5D cinema, "Dinosaurs Alive" attraction (not sure what this is), Air Race and the "Rotator" this year with obviously the coaster to come too.

One thing they will have to sort out is their queuing arrangements though! Been reading in the last couple of days queues of up to 2km's on a approach roads and up to an hour and a half standing just to get in it's been so busy. In their defence the queues seem to be across what is still a construction site. Still this can rile people very easily.

I think the Dinosaurs Alive attraction is the same one as the Cedar Fair attractions.

rollercoaster2

Mega Poster
CarolinaRider said:
rollercoaster2 said:
http://www.enjoygram.com/m/957178333034996544_1442574119

I think the Dinosaurs Alive attraction is the same one as the Cedar Fair attractions.

Ah ok, thanks I was reading up on it - it's like animatronics and all that sort of stuff.

The Rotator in action

"Don't f****** stop here!" :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr8NgMDXblY[/youtube]

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Well, there you have it, folks. A sparkling new woodie on the British Isles. Hard to tell from that angle/distance if it's entrely finished yet, but either way the finished product shouldn't look much different.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
I'm not sure about those big long turns it does, could be a rough affair if not maintained properly.

Apart from that, I really like the long ascent to the top of the lift and the "traditional" first drop.

nadroJ

CF Legend
With regards to the roads being busy Charles Coyle told us that they have a bypass road integrated into their expansion plans so I doubt this would be a problem for long.