What's new

Taylor's Week in England- Huge PTR COMPLETE

So, it was right after the American live that I decided I'd be making a trip to Jolly ol' England, and soon enough, all my flights were booked and I was ready to go!

Day 1

The first day was a bit hectic as it basically just involved flying. I woke up around nine or so, got everything together, and called a taxi to the bus station where I was to catch my bus to Pearson International Airport in Toronto.

GEDC1715.jpg

GEDC1716.jpg

Two hours later, and I was there. There were virtually no lines for anything so I got in right away and ended up having to wait ages for my first flight to Philidephia. I was scared as I hadn't been on a small plane before, but it really wasn't too bad, besides the landing which was rather turbulent. A little after seven, I arrived in Philidelphia where I took the shuttle to terminal A.. It still wasn't sinking in that I was going overseas for the first time!

GEDC1718.jpg

GEDC1720.jpg

Bye bye mooseyland!

GEDC1721.jpg

GEDC1725.jpg

GEDC1726.jpg

Right on time, we left. Although I couldn't sleep throughout the flight, I dozed on and off and it was fairly smooth. We got stuck in like, a thirty to fourty minute holding pattern when we were landing in Heathrow, and then our bridge thingy to the terminal got stuck so we all got stuck on the airplane for like, twenty minutes. By the time I got in, it was about 10:30 am the next day.

GEDC1728.jpg

GEDC1729.jpg

GEDC1731.jpg

Day 2

After the long walk from the gate to arrivals, I saw Brad almost instantly. He didn't see me as he was on his Blackberry, so I snuck up behind him. From there, we left on the hour and a half train journey back to his house (my first time on an Underground, woo).

GEDC1734.jpg

GEDC1735.jpg

GEDC1736.jpg

It had a silly name.. Of course I had to take a photo of it. Me and Brad's maturity levels proved to be a bit lacking, considering we both giggled each time we saw it :p .

GEDC1737.jpg

When we got back to his place, we didn't really have anything planned until later in the night, so we just chilled and this is when I tried English chocolate for the very first time. He can attest to the fact that my smile was ginormous and I was extremely satisfied with it :p .

GEDC1738.jpg

GEDC1739.jpg

GEDC1740.jpg

GEDC1741.jpg

Me with my very first English Dairy Milk <3

We went to Ryan's that night and ended up spending the night there. Was a fun time, but didn't get any pictures.

Day 3

Day 3 was London! Even though we were both really tired, we got up early to take the train back to Brad's house. We got ready, and then headed off to London!

GEDC1749.jpg

The first stop was Camden! It was a really cool place, I thought.. So much markets and interesting stores and good food (Chinese.. nom).

GEDC1752.jpg

GEDC1757.jpg

GEDC1758.jpg

GEDC1760.jpg

GEDC1761.jpg

Madame Tussauds was next.. I don't know what's so intriguing about wax figures, but it was surprisingly pretty neat. Before Madame Tussauds however, we stopped at platform 9 and 3/4!

GEDC1767.jpg

GEDC1771.jpg

GEDC1772.jpg

GEDC1773.jpg

GEDC1774.jpg

Brad and his love, Cheryl Cole :p .

GEDC1775.jpg

GEDC1777.jpg

GEDC1778.jpg

GEDC1779.jpg

GEDC1781.jpg

GEDC1785.jpg

GEDC1787.jpg

We're bad people.. We laughed.

GEDC1792.jpg

GEDC1794.jpg

Brad's second love.. Thatcher.

GEDC1796.jpg

His third love.. Boris!

GEDC1801.jpg

Vlad is AMAAZING.

We went to a bunch of other places that day, I can't really remember the names of them all but we did go to Oxford Street, Trafalger Square, Piccadilly Circus, the Trocadero, Big Ben, and the London Eye. We were too late for the London Aquarium, but oh well, they're only fish.

GEDC1806.jpg

GEDC1811.jpg

I lost my Primark virginity.. It was amazing.

GEDC1812.jpg

GEDC1814.jpg

Of course I had to stand in a telephone booth!

GEDC1815.jpg

Then it was time to try out some seriously amazing British cuisine.. Aka, nasty McDonalds.

GEDC1817.jpg

GEDC1818.jpg

Brad and his water. I still don't know how he ONLY drinks water, that'd be torture.

GEDC1819.jpg

Me being a goon.

GEDC1821.jpg

Brad sporting his new Primark hat.

GEDC1822.jpg

GEDC1823.jpg

GEDC1825.jpg

Before I go any further, I have to say that a lot of the photo credits go to Brad, as you can tell.. Because they're not dark or blurry like most of my photos are :lol:

GEDC1826.jpg

GEDC1830.jpg

GEDC1836.jpg

GEDC1837.jpg

GEDC1838.jpg

GEDC1841.jpg

GEDC1843.jpg

GEDC1846.jpg

GEDC1858.jpg

The architecture in London is amazzinggg.

GEDC1859.jpg

GEDC1863.jpg

GEDC1865.jpg

GEDC1867.jpg

The London Eye was amazing and not scary at all.

GEDC1871.jpg

GEDC1874.jpg

GEDC1876.jpg

GEDC1877.jpg

GEDC1882.jpg

GEDC1887.jpg

GEDC1890.jpg

GEDC1894.jpg

GEDC1896.jpg

Since the Aquarium was closed, we decided it was time for an airhockey rematch. The story behind this is that at the American Live, we had an air hockey competition where I beat him best out of three, and then he beat me best out of five. So now we had to have a rematch.. From the pictures, it's obvious who won.

GEDC1898.jpg

GEDC1899.jpg

Then we bought chocolate, watched Waterloo road, and went to bed, ready for Ghosterforce the next day!

GEDC1900.jpg

(I approve of all besides the Chomp) :p

Stay tuned for Ghosterforce day 4 and 5!

Inverse

Hyper Poster
Re: Taylor's Week in England- DAY 1, 2, 3 UP

LiveForTheLaunch said:
Of course I had to stand in a telephone booth!

Telephone Box... :wink:

I really like see/reading outside perceptions of the UK and things that are familiar to me. I find it fascinating. Nice one.

CMonster

Giga Poster
(my first time on an Underground, woo)

You've never traveled by subway before?

That's crazy, I live in Florida and I've been on a subway.

Nice report so far though, looks like a lot of fun! :)

^ I went on one briefly in New York, but still, London Underground is clearly better and I was decent at navigating it by the end of the week :p

Haha I will do it later Benny I promise!

Marc, English food is the best. I realized when someone gave me the bag of sweets to hold.. I accidentally took it home with me. Not that I'm complaining, it was a rather fab and fortunate mistake :p

ciallkennett

Strata Poster

LiveForTheLaunch said:
When we got back to his place, we didn't really have anything planned until later in the night, so we just chilled...

GEDC1740.jpg

GEDC1741.jpg

:shock:

Erm, I have no idea what you two did to "relax", but my idea of "relaxation" is a ****, personally...

^ Just because I said we relaxed doesn't mean it was anything more than that.. We literally did just relax for quite a few hours.

Naughty minded Ciall.

Jer

Strata Poster
Great photos Taylor, look like you had a great time in London. I miss it so much, the pictures make me want to go back :)

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Ciall's blatently jealous that he's been denied Brad...

That or he just needs to get some... It could be either option tbh...

And woo London Eye!

Smithy

Strata Poster
To be fair, the first thing I noticed was what looks like a blindfold on the corner of Brad's bed.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

LiveForTheLaunch said:

AAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!! Brad, I see our on ride photo from Voyage! And it's higher than most of the others! I knew our love was true! :D

Looks like an absolutely awesome time so far, especially 'relaxing' with Brad.

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
Very interesting report so far. Was the coldness of England a harsh surprise when you first got off the plane, Taylor? :p Also, lol Cockfosters <3 I actually live quite close to there...

So Brad didn't take you to St Pauls cathedral then? I reckon you would've loved that, since it has loads of AMAZING architecture and you get a great view of London from the top.

Would you ever come back to England?

AAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!! Brad, I see our on ride photo from Voyage! And it's higher than most of the others! I knew our love was true!

He chose to buy yours over the ORP when me and him rode.. My heart is broken :p Oh well, we have multiple together now, haha.

Very interesting report so far. Was the coldness of England a harsh surprise when you first got off the plane, Taylor?

Not really, it's not an insane amount colder than it is in Canada, and we do get colder Winters than you guys, it has just been a bit mild here so far, so it seemed quite cold there. Glad it didn't rain too much though.

So Brad didn't take you to St Pauls cathedral then? I reckon you would've loved that, since it has loads of AMAZING architecture and you get a great view of London from the top.

We were gonna but time was a bit short and it was a bit out of the way.

Would you ever come back to England?

I'm already planning a return trip, haha. I loved it.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
Ciall's blatently jealous that he's been denied Brad...

That or he just needs to get some... It could be either option tbh...

You know, Brad's never "rejected me" as I've never asked ;) But I would never ask, as, well, yeah...

And that is a fact, however, I am satisfied in knowing that because of I have never, there is absolutely no possible way whatsoever that I could be pregnant :) ;)

Ben said:
How would you know, you've never HAD a ****?

Family friendly CF is: family friendly, however, I'm pretty sure I would know if I had taken a dump before, Ben :roll:

Hurry up and do the next part...please? :)

RCF

Strata Poster
^Cuz then you'd be able to top us all huh? :wink:

But week in England sounds epic. Can't wait for the rest of the report

Taylor's Week in England- THORPE DAY UP

Day 4- THORPE

Day four was to be a day of meeting people who I have wanted to meet for absolute ages, and seeing people who I haven't seen in a while. Not to mention CREDS!

The morning started off a little bit rough. We had set the alarm to about an hour before we were to leave, but being the lazy motha****as that we are, both accidentally fell back asleep. Luckily, I woke up with twenty minutes to get ready before Darren was going to pick us up. Despite the traffic and everything, we got there on time after a two hour car journey.

GEDC1901.jpg

Once there, the first person I saw was Ciall, one of the CFers I talk to quite often! Being excited, I gave him a huge hug and accidentally almost knocked both of us down. I also saw Ben and Chris, but eventually we all had to split and wait for everyone to get their tickets, etc. At the official meeting point, it was fab. I got to see everyone who I had been wanting to see for soo long! I also got to see some of the costumes which were all awesome!

GEDC1902.jpg

GEDC1903.jpg

GEDC1904.jpg

I had to get a pic with Gingy considering Gingy is my favourite animated character in anything.

GEDC1905.jpg

Ben was looking amazing as well!

GEDC1907.jpg

GEDC1909.jpg

GEDC1910.jpg

I had to try a Percy Pig!

GEDC1911.jpg

My first glimpse inside the park.

GEDC1912.jpg

Me and Ollie!

GEDC1913.jpg

GEDC1918.jpg

GEDC1919.jpg

GEDC1920.jpg

Will looking fab!

GEDC1921.jpg

After a long "hello" session, we made our way to Nemesis Inferno, which had about a one hour wait. The line went by very fast though, with naughty texting to Thorpe park, "muff" film names, Erol's chest hair, me generally being a pig and eating a crapload of candy, etc. Since my opinions are AMAAAZZING, I decided I will do individual reviews of each coaster.

Nemesis Inferno- I think the coaster doesn't get the praise it deserves. It's by no means outstanding, but it's definitely a good inverted coaster. To be fair I don't remember too much of it, but I did like it and I'd probabaly rank my B&M inverts like this:

1. Nemesis
2. Afterburn
3. Le Vampire
4. Batman: the Ride - St Louis
5. Batman: the Ride - Great America
6. Batman: the Ride - Great Adventure
7. Great Bear
8. Patriot/Nemesis Inferno
9. Alpengeist
10. Raptor

So pretty much average.

GEDC1924.jpg

GEDC1923.jpg

GEDC1925.jpg

GEDC1926.jpg

GEDC1927.jpg

GEDC1928.jpg

GEDC1930-1.jpg

GEDC1931.jpg

GEDC1932.jpg

GEDC1935.jpg

GEDC1936.jpg

GEDC1937.jpg

GEDC1942.jpg

GEDC1938.jpg

GEDC1939.jpg

After Nemesis Inferno, half of us went to the Banana ride, where I saw Infernus, one of my first ever friends from CF, who refused me a hug, RUDE. Well, the ride broke down once we were on it, so I didn't get my Banana ride cred, but oh well.

GEDC1943.jpg

Then it was off to Stealth, which had about a fourty minute wait, that once again did not feel long at all. I sat with Ciall and he got an on ride photo.

Stealth- I liked it quite a bit.. The launch is really forceful, and though it doesn't make my top ten like its bigger brothers, it's still a decent ride. It also flies over the tophat and gives airtime, something that both Dragster and Ka don't do. Not sure where it fits into my rankings, but it was my third favourite UK coaster.

GEDC1922.jpg

GEDC1941.jpg

GEDC1945.jpg

GEDC1946.jpg

Obligatory shot!

GEDC1948.jpg

GEDC1950.jpg

Ginge is ready to ride!

GEDC1951.jpg

After Stealth we all split for lunch. Brad took me to get my Flying Fish and X:/NoWayOut creds, despite his state of starvation. Flying Fish was a walkon and XNWO had like a fourty minute line.

Flying Fish- It made us both dizzy, and was nothing more than a cred.

X:/NoWayOut- Not as bad as people say but I can see why people call it X:/WTF. It really is a bit odd, considering you go backwards for like, three seconds and then continuously hit brakes. Either way, after I was in line for it Brad realized it was my 200th coaster, which is annoying but oh well :p .

After lunch it was time to do Samurai. As much as I loved it and as much as the queue line was fun (I just remember like, laughing hysterically when Gavin made fun of my scarecrow Halloween costume), I kinda wish I stayed off so I could see Gingy ride it! It's one of my favourite flats though so I am glad I rode.

Then it was time for Saw! I wasn't sure what to expect from this because even though people said it was crappy and I don't really like Eurofighters, I thought the theme was cool. We waited in line for what had to be over like, an hour, and after some fun pumpkin volleyball and me being scared ****less of whatever the blast of noise was in the indoor part of the line, we were on!

GEDC1952.jpg

GEDC1954.jpg

Saw: the Ride- I liked it.. They put effort into the theming, and it was a much better ride then Mystery Mine at Dollywood. Wasn't as horrible and rough as people say, nothing outstanding obviously and nothing that will make my top thirty, but it's rerideable for sure.

After Saw, we took our group photos (one of which was inappropriate, thanks to the dirty minds of Brad/Erol), and then we split to do mazes and whatever else. Darren got me, Loefet, and Brad fasttracks to the Colossus line, my last cred of the day, and ten minutes later we were on.

GEDC1953.jpg

Colossus- Booo, I really didn't like it. It just made me feel generally dizzy and unpleasant. Wasn't really rough to be fair, but it was just a lame ride.

Then we were gonna go to Asylum, but by the time we got there everybody was already out, so we went to Seven instead, where I led the way as I'm so brave and amazing. Too bad the maze sucked.

GEDC1957.jpg

GEDC1958.jpg

GEDC1956.jpg

Then Jordan and Sam gave me and Brad a lift to Travelodge.

GEDC1960.jpg

GEDC1961.jpg

GEDC1962.jpg

GEDC1963.jpg

Then it was time for bed, for an early start in the morning for Vampire track walk!

Stay tuned for Day 5- Chessington!