What's new

Taylor's Week in England- Huge PTR COMPLETE

Martyn B

CF Legend
I was going to say 'next time you should hook up with someone who actually has a car, to avoid our amazing public transport'....

But never mind.

I was going to say 'next time you should hook up with someone who actually has a car, to avoid our amazing public transport'....

But never mind.

Your public transport is AMAZING compared to ours!

I refuse to go to London - it's awful. You miss out, Tay...you miss out...

DID YOU JUST SAY LONDON IS AWFUL!? UGHH, it's amazing.

Ollie

CF Legend
Yeah but Ciall says that when he's living in Milton Keynes. So he clearly doesn't know what he's on about. :p

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I'm sorry, but here you all are slagging off Milton Keynes, and I try and defend it and tell me to shut up, yet when I say I hate London, you all slag me off for it.

It's called an OPINION. Hypocrites... :roll:

Ben

CF Legend
UC said:
All that matters to her is how comfortable the beds are, and if there are any interesting designs on the hotel room ceiling.

How did this not get a LOL?

And there certainly IS a bus from Stoke. I've got it a few times... It's about 50 minutes long, but Uttoxeter hates life.

Ciall, London is the capital city for a reason, whilst Milton Keynes is still a town... Also for a reason!

And Rita's launch is a LOT quicker than Desert Race's. Desert Race is all slow and rubbish.

Ollie

CF Legend
^I liked Desert Race a lot more than Rita lol. It felt a lot smoother and decent which was weird seeing as they're identical clones almost.

A

Anonymous

UC said:
loefet said:
LiveForTheLaunch said:
(anyone know the acceleration rate?)
That would be me :p

I don't have a log of Rita, but I have one on the clone in Germany so Rita should be pretty similar:
The force peaks at about 2 g's and the duration of the whole launch is 2.1 seconds.

Love the report in all, really makes me wish that I could return there sooner...

You were the same person that said, based on a graph you had, that Rita's launch was about a second long...
Can't remember that I have said that, and I can't find anything on CF that proves that I have. I know of other people that have talked about it though when they opened Stealth...

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ You're definitely right. Can remember it like it was yesterday.

Not too certain of who it was that posted it though.

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah, I remember that graph as well. Jake and I rode that thing until the wheels fell off we loved it so much.

Yeah, because I know for sure that the launch isn't only like, 30mph/second. It's stronger than a lot I've been on, and I've been on a lot of different launching coasters.

peep

CF Legend
Wow, I came in to read some trip reports by a Candian coming to the UK and there appears to be an argument about the launch on Rita. Really didn't see that one coming.

Oh and lol at UCs puns.

Some nice trip reports Tay, and yay for you loving London. That puts you in peep's good books *gives Cial an evil stare*

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Ah the whole Rita thing:

There was a photo of a computer screen from Rita's control booth floating around a few years ago, showing that it reached top speed really quickly, which kept getting dragged out every other week to demonstrate how amazing Rita is.

It used to get on my tits, so I really hope that it's genuinely been lost.

I know, and so do I, because I was shocked at how fast it was. I was expecting mediocre yet it was one of the better launches I have done.