What's new

Superman: Ride of Steel... 2?

marc

CF Legend
I find a Lex Luthor theme a bit strange tbh but you never know with Six Flags :)

I am going to go with a Joker theme.

Mark

Strata Poster
I like it too. Ya don't see that many purple coasters comparitively so it's nice to see. I actually think the blue and purple works quite well tbh. (Since purple comes from blue anyways.)

Mike

Giga Poster
I don't know how you can complain about the colour, as there is already a purple coaster in the park that looks fine enough.
I don't really care about the colour anyway- Not until the horrible restraints are sorted out anyway.

Ben

CF Legend
The problem I have with it is it screams less "Man Of Steel" and more "Steel That Loves Men".

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
Ben said:
The problem I have with it is it screams less "Man Of Steel" and more "Steel That Loves Men".
Superman: Ride of Sam?

Seriously, whilst I don't mind the new colour scheme, I can't say I like the idea of changing the colour of such an iconic coaster, especially when the red and blue colour scheme looked great to begin with. The dull purple seems to take away from the 'wow' factor somehow.

Comet

Roller Poster
I really don't mind what color it gets painted or what it is themed to as long as the name doesn't have something along the lines of ...:The Coaster or ...:The Ride.

Only thing I really miss about the new management is their originality, with names like Tatsu, El Toro, Kingda Ka, Nitro, etc...
Seems like everything the new management makes needs to have some sort of affiliation.

This is why I also really fear what they're doing with a blue Medusa up at Great Adventure, it's obviously not getting a western theme like it should.

Mike

Giga Poster
Only thing I really miss about the new management is their originality, with names like Tatsu, El Toro, Kingda Ka, Nitro, etc...

Well, at least they haven't got the Cedar Fair people in naming the rides! ;)

Comet

Roller Poster
No, that's what I was trying to say, all their new rides are "tie-ins" which become less original after the third time. Instead of doing things like naming their coasters Evel Kneivel, or Terminator, I wish they would name it something original, like the three rides I listed were.

However it has been proven to be pretty successful doing what they're doing, so there's no doubt they'll continue to do it. The parks are gonna just keep getting less and less original through the years. For example, Great Adventure and Great America have pretty much gotten the same exapnsions under the new management.

Snoo

The Legend
Hmm.. purple.. I dunno..

As long as the supports get a revamp also, I'd be happy.. but as UC mentioned.. Batman already has this color scheme pretty much..

Damnit Six Flags.

Comet

Roller Poster
UC, Wiggles World and Dark Knight.
Two years under new management, two of the same things at each park.

I'd be willing to bet that a Splash Battle will go to at least two new parks in 2010. Only reason I don't think it's going anywhere else this year is because if it ends up to be a huge bust, then they don't want it in three of their parks like the case was for The Dark Knight. I think this year we're seeing new ideas but it will be followed up by a year of many clones.

Comet

Roller Poster
I don't know what you're saying about SFNE and SFFT.
SFNE- Thomas Town, Football Field/Failed Dark Knight
SFFT- Tony Hawk, Goliath

Only reason I used the two parks was because that was the first example I thought of.
All I was ever trying to say was that Six Flags has only used "tie-in" names since they have taken over, and then most of these additions have been copied into other parks. Leading to a decrease in originality in the parks. Not counting Goliath as it was relocated.

Those two things I'm saying are facts, there's no argument to have here.
I don't know how my argument doesn't hold water when all I am stating is two facts. I was never really arguing as much as I was just stating a trend in the new management that I don't like.

Comet

Roller Poster
Man, I think the reason you win most of your arguments is because you just wear people out ;)

Anyway, I don't think Deluge was the new managements decision and now that you bring it up they even use Tony Hawk in some of their water slides.

Anyway I wasn't on the forums back when the Boomerangs and SLCs were going around but I probably would have been complaining then too.

Dave

CF Legend
hva.jpg

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
In response to most of these posts; tl:dr...

You guys get way to into stuff like this. Who cares what 'tie ins' or whatever the hell you guys are arguing about there are. Does it really matter to S:RoS getting repainted?

To tell you the truth, I like the purple. It's just one of those shades that looks good. I'm hoping they paint the supports a nice shade of green.

Ollie

CF Legend
^Have you noticed that this is a coaster enthusiast site. We're meant to bitch about everything. :p

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I like the purple too. But by the looks of the pictures in the link 2 pages back on the sfneonline site, It looks like the supports are going to be a darker blue. Not too sure about that with the purple.

Mike T

Mega Poster
And what makes it even worse is that the difference between Bat and Superman's purple is the fact that Superman's is way more of a neon color - rather than the more subtle purple of UC's Random Roller Coaster.

Ben

CF Legend
Come on guys, the colours nice... in a hideous way.

Besides, it's not even purple - it's lavender.

*back to my DVD*