What's new

Starry Night Ripper- B&M Flyer for World Joyland

Snoo

The Legend
I'd love to translate a thread on CF to here the British/American English in say.. Korean.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
That first inversion looks pretty mental. Love it :)

china2-1.jpg

china1-1.jpg

china3.jpg

china4.jpg

china5.jpg

china6.jpg

Source: http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=931583840

coasterdude_1

Mega Poster
this ride looks absolutely fantastic... if it rides as good as it looks, it'll be pretty insane in such a good way....

alongside X-raptor and Krake, B&M have some pretty unique stuff going on this year...

Jer

Strata Poster
The translated name reminds me of a serial killer who kills people themed on Van Gough :lol:

But the ride looks really unique, especially the double inline twist. It all look really good, lets hope it's as intense as it looks.

Lofty

CF Legend
^Thats what I think makes this ride looks as good as it does.

I love the whole compact design of it. It is a simple layout, but it's one of the best layouts in a flyer we have seen, certainly one of the most original.

I really wish I could ride this thing in the future!

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Woooah, this looks incredible! What on EARTH is it doing!

I bet it's too forceful and urk for me (I can't stand pretzel loops), but, still... nice to see someone doing something different. It also demonstrates how versatile the flying coaster is. Who'd have thought, back when Air opened, that it was more than just a gimmick?

Martyn B

CF Legend
Its like a zero-g roll, plus some.

Looks a lot more intense than the usual Flyer. I like the nice straight drop too.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
From what I gather this there will be a fair amount of extra scenery added to this ride, for example the Corkscrews\twists will wrap around and over some fake rocky outcrops.

I agree with the Vekoma analogy. To me the first drop into a overbank and the double corkscrews into a helix look very similar to the latter 2 Vekoma flier clones.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
The liked the flying dutchman at SFA, the others were D: though. The issue is, of course, their roughness - but they are better layouts than Superman and Manta.

TarkaTrax

Mega Poster
Well done B&M, they must have been smoking something when they designed the layout. I'm glad to see them breaking away from their 'standard' flyer layout, I wonder if the Heide Park dive machine will go in a new direction? They seem to be having a burst of creativity this year, it's great.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Add the new invert for Parc Asterix to the list as well. If that layout is true, that's also a very unique ride for them.

That roll looks absolutely incredible.

Tim

Roller Poster
It is a bit of a shame that the crazy roll thing had to be adjacent to the lift hill. The shared supports are a little bit messy.
I reckon the parts of flyers where there is an absence of visible structure around you work more to the advantage of the sensation.

Still, what a wonderfull layout!
Some of the latter parts are pretty well spaced to put theming between, so hopfully they'll really go wild what that oportunity

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Nice to see a couple of different elements being used.

It has got a Flying Dutchman image to it with that normal loop instead of a pretzel roll, but that's not a bad thing.

andrus

Giga Poster
I love the double corkscrew towards the end! The one-and-a-half-twist after the turnaround looks awesome two, not sure how it'll ride though.. In general this just looks so much better than any of the other B&M flyers out there <3 The layout is filled with exciting elements and not just a lot of sweeping turns. This actually reminds me more of Dragon Khan than any flyer when I see it!

Kebab

Giga Poster
:eek: Wow! Just come across this coaster after jumping into CF after a few months abscence. Out of all the 2011 coasters, this is by far my most anticipated one, it simply looks utter-brilliant! I wouldn't think for a second B&M would risk such an insane layout on a flying coaster, they're back on top for me! I'll travel 1000's of miles to ride it... :)

I'm stoked, even at the first drop, it just looks like coaster perfection!

Tatsu eat your heart out!

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
Ooh, shiny shiny shiny! B&M appear to have been taking layout lessons from Vekoma. The best ride engineering combined with the best elements from the Flying Dutchman? Yes please!

Now can you please build one of these a *little* bit closer to the UK?

RCF

Strata Poster
Some new photos from CoasterFusion.com

SNV32895.jpg

SNV32888.jpg

SNV32880.jpg

(For the record I like the look of that loop)
nanjingfree_4378156_5184020_m.jpg

148.jpg

87.jpg

Zero G Roll sneaking in there (I think)
85.jpg

80.jpg

79.jpg

77.jpg

87.jpg

Looks like all the work on the coaster itself is done. Looks pretty sick to me.