What's new

Starry Night Ripper- B&M Flyer for World Joyland

Dave

CF Legend
Is there a reason why the Inverts and Flyers have curved ties as opposed to straight ones?

bob_3_

Giga Poster
^ I think it's either the different direction of force on the rails.

Or to allow more room for some extra components on the ride car.

A

Anonymous

^ I think it's mostly due to the direction the force is applied, since the curved tie have a bit longer section on the side of the spine giving a longer and thus a stronger "connection" to counteract the forces of a train in high g-force sections.
It need that extra strength since it's a pulling force on an Invert/Flyer compared to a pushing force on all the sit-downs.

A

Anonymous

Don't think so, it would probably be easier to use the same ties everywhere on a coaster, less chance of getting the wrong one...

And a quick look at Air shows that they use the curved ones on the "back" section.

A

Anonymous

I thought it was said that the loop was an out-side one, which would mean that we won't see that zero-g roll thing, even though it looked great.

Only time will tell...

bob_3_

Giga Poster
p30652.jpg

Not sure if this has been posted. Interesting final corner.

Lofty

CF Legend
This looks amazing. I really wish I could get to ride it when it's completed, or for more of these types of B&M Flyers to be made..

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It will be interesting to see how the straight drop works on these coasters. I think it could be a lot of fun. I can't wait to see more of this 540 degree roll too, it sounds excellent.

A

Anonymous

Judging by the pictures that are in First Drop then this coaster is now complete.
The loop is indeed a inwards one and it looks very circular in it's design...

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Just updated the topic title to give the name according to RCDB.

The flyer, Starry Night Ripper, will sit alongside two other new coasters: Dragon Going Worldwide (probably a mine train) and Mystery of Clouds(X-Car/Sky Loop).