What's new

Spinball Whizzer to Sonic Spinball?

Brookes

Giga Poster
To #pmbo: The station itself hasn't changed much at all, the only change I remember is the numbers 20, 30 etc. underneath the roof have changed to pictures of Sonic.

Martyn B

CF Legend
gavin said:
^ I was referring specifically to this monstrosity:

032.jpg

Nobody in their right mind, "idiot GP" or not, is going to think that that is amazing.

But Gavin, its only us lot that actually care, the GP wont give a flying **** about that looking shoody or not. The ain't going to find it amazing obviously, but the whole thing will no doubt get their two thumbs up.

And going by what people are saying, did Imerial Leather pay for the Flume re-theme?

Ben

CF Legend
I have to ask, since most people will base their opinion of "the GP" off friends... does everyone else just have really thick, unobservant friends?

Blaze

Hyper Poster
It's times like these CF needs a thank button. Why is it that some enthusiasts say that people who are not enthusiasts are all "idiots". Just because they are not as knowledgable or geeky as us does not make them stupid, ignorant or whatever else. Thank you Ben!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I thought he was being random in a Kim kind of way. I had nothing else to say though.

Oh, X-Factor year after year number 1, until it's beaten by a group of drones.

Yeah, people officially have no taste or intelligence. :p

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Blaze said:
Why is it that some enthusiasts say that people who are not enthusiasts are all "idiots". Just because they are not as knowledgable or geeky as us does not make them stupid, ignorant or whatever else.

Whilst not all guests are idiots, a good proportion are indeed stupid...

And it seems that in some cases, entering a theme park lowers the intelligence...

This is detracting from the topic at hand, but I'm sure some GP will turn around and go 'Erm, this is crap'...

Martyn B

CF Legend
I have to ask, since most people will base their opinion of "the GP" off friends... does everyone else just have really thick, unobservant friends?

I base that on what I hear when queuing up. Its just stereotyping them to be honest, as most of the time I hear them talking smush.

Though I did have a friend that said the Jubilee Odyssey looked like Colossus...

..we dont talk no more....

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Dear Alton Towers,

Who the **** did you get to do the announcements for Sonic? Since they sound absolutely NOTHING like the character or even any of the other characters in the series...

Also, when it's meant to be Sonic themed and you use SOME Sonic tracks, why did I hear Bowling for Soup and some other bands in the area?

The ride (and murals once you get past the photoshopping) looks ok, but any ride that gets a fresh coat of paint looks good... It's not exactly awesome and is the same old Spinball but with new transfers (of which the images are mostly exactly the same and used numerous times), in various areas...

So yeah... It's not great overall... Could be worse... But I don't think it's really improved much since to improve something things need to be changed...

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
why did I hear Bowling for Soup and some other bands in the area?

Because in a dire attempt to be cool again, Sega asked Bowling for Soup to write a song, 'Endless Possibility', for Sonic Unleashed.

Now that I know there aren't many old school tunes, and that the announcement voice is FAIL, I'm most upset :x

yinyang

Mega Poster
sorry about the double post, the first time it said something about debug error on the site and I couldn't post so I tried again and it's posted twice :(

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
That is quite an awesome video. Yeah, it really does show that not much has really been done to Spinball :(

I think the music made that vid :p

jayjay

Giga Poster
yinyang said:
sorry about the double post, the first time it said something about debug error on the site and I couldn't post so I tried again and it's posted twice :(
That used to be really common, sometimes happens. Don't worry :D (I think I saw a triple post recently).

The video was pretty cool, music was awesome. It's a shame that Alton Towers couldn't put that sort of music in the ride. Still, ride retheme is mediochre. Not that I'm disappointed because I was expecting it.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
For that vid, either the person has a crap camera that cannot handle motion, or it failed quite badly when being put onto their computer...

A

Anonymous

ciallkennett said:
I think the music made that vid :p

Didn't it just :--D It would of been good if they played it through speakers on the trains. That would at least make the re theme half decent ;)