What's new

Spinball Whizzer to Sonic Spinball?

Brookes

Giga Poster
^Yep take the old one off and stick the new one on the shed. :lol: Forgot to mention they also had a guy dressed up as Sonic walking around Adventure Land but if that will stay I don't know.

marc

CF Legend
They could have done a much better job with the re theme, such as rings and things. But all they have done is covered the station with some boards :(

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
^^The guy dressed as Sonic was probably just for the opening day. But if it's permanent then I'll probably pester him a lot! :)

Kebab

Giga Poster
Meh, it's ok I suppose. It gives the coaster more character than it used to, which is good. I'm not going to say I'm disappointed, because I wasn't expecting much more than a few stickers slapped on the cars and scenery.

Any news on a queueline soundtrack, or sound effects etc?

Brookes

Giga Poster
^All I could tell was that it was Sonic music and what is supposedly Sonic's voice replaced the guy where it says about being ready for riding. Also where it said 20, 30 etc. under the station roof they have been changed to Sonic.

EDIT: My mate just reminded me Glamorous Indie Rock and Roll by The Killers was being played by Spinball so maybe they've gone for something similar to the music that was by Rita.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
23502_1319713666588_1043162436_971965_5117571_n.jpg

New Sign

23502_1319713746590_1043162436_971967_6828019_n.jpg

New(ish) paint

I'll update the ride page today if I get the chance.

Yeah, it looks pretty much as it always did - just a little bit more Sonicy. It's exactly what I was expecting to be honest - minimum effort/maximum gain.

Karen

Hyper Poster
I was really hoping to see the old prop from Toyland tours there somewhere. You can still hear the coin collecting noise in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Oh well the new theming should coax Aidan into riding it :)

#pmbo

Roller Poster
I like the Sonic statue, for some reason :?
The station is a bit cheap, but I'm sure it's low on costs and the GP won't mind :/
The colour of the supports is an improvement though :)

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
The boards are not on the station, but the maintenance shed...

I love the fact that the old pinballs are still there... Though full judgement shall be reserved for when I see it with my own eyes...

#pmbo

Roller Poster
^ oh... sorry :/ Well, the maintenaince shed is an improvement :). Has the actual station changed much?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
#pmbo said:
I'm sure it's low on costs

Yes, but I'm pretty sure that Sega would be covering the costs for this. I just can't understand why they would want to cheapen their own product with such a **** ty job.

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ Well its only ****ty to us, the GP will probably think its amazing, and no doubt some idiots will think its a completely new ride! :lol:

It looks to me like the track got some new paint?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ I was referring specifically to this monstrosity:

032.jpg

Nobody in their right mind, "idiot GP" or not, is going to think that that is amazing.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
There was a lot of excitement over the Sonic bits and bobs. I think it looks like a cheap ass piss-poor re-theme, but the public adored it. Alton got paid to do it and made some cash - why not?

As Gavin says, I'm surprised Sega didn't have a "better" input. I suspect though that Alton said "for £500,000 you can have a complete re-theme with the area dedicated to Sonic, with new items in the area and everything. For what you're offering though a lick of paint and a new sign" :)

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
gavin said:
I just can't understand why they would want to cheapen their own product with such a ****ty job.

Have you played the recent Sonic games? ;)

But yes, it does look like a Tussauds branded ride doesn't it?

A

Anonymous

They could of done so much more with the whole thing! Each time I look at the new pictures it dissapoints me even more :( I would consider myself GP, and I really don't find this amazing at all. It makes me mad to think somebodies actually got paid to design this, when other people (probably you guys :p) could of done a much better job for free!