What's new

Snow.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
No, I'm not up for snow on the CF meet-up. Actually, was it snowy last year? I think it was, maybe not in London, but it was down my way as the train went along at 3mph for about 6 hours. [/exaggeration]

Not so much a rewarding day for me today, but it was busy. I'm bored of the snow now. I've recently bought myself a chavvy car and I want to drive it fast and recklessly. Snow, please **** off.

Snoo

The Legend
Is this all the snow you guys get for the most part? Or does it keep on all winter?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^We've not had snow like this for over 15 years. We 'normally' (and I use that term very lightly) get snow around Jan/Feb time as the temperatures get really cold, however this year we've just got a lot very early. I don't know what the longer term forecast is for the winter.

So in answer to your question, we don't usually get snow this time of year at all!

Snoo

The Legend
Funny.. we haven't had snow this early in a number of years also. Gonna be a good winter boys and girls. :D

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
Joey said:
It's not like Tube's get disrupted.

Are you kidding me? The Piccadilly Line gets screwed up badly when it snows, as part of it's outdoors. And this would be fail news for me if it happens again this year since I catch that line from Oakwood, which is outside, as are the following 3-4 stations.

And yes, there was some snow on the ground at last years meet, I think I almost slipped when I ran in excitement to the EuroCoaster :lol:

Dave

CF Legend
Enigma Shadow said:
Joey said:
It's not like Tube's get disrupted.

Are you kidding me? The Piccadilly Line gets screwed up badly when it snows, as part of it's outdoors. And this would be fail news for me if it happens again this year since I catch that line from Oakwood, which is outside, as are the following 3-4 stations.

It's been fine, no problems at all. Stop moaning.

Ben

CF Legend
Has there actually BEEN snow in other parts of London...?

Here in Central we've had an inch at the MOST. We had a lot more the last two years.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
The night after I posted in here, we got an inch of snow. A few days ago, we got another cm. I still don't see why people in MK are making such a fuss over it, it's hardly disrupting us (certainly not as much as last year and the year before), buses are running, it's cold but not too cold (it was -3 all day today, but that's not cold when you're walking in it much) and the snow has hardly turned to slippy ice.

Silly people complaining over nothing.

However, people OUTSIDE of MK in badly affected areas can complain as much as they wish, as they've had between 50cm- 1.2m of snow over the last 2 weeks or so.

When I was in Birmingham last night, they'd had about an inch of snow, and they hadn't gritted any paths, especially the main ones. It was VERY slippy there.

Dave

CF Legend
Ben said:
Has there actually BEEN snow in other parts of London...?

Here in Central we've had an inch at the MOST. We had a lot more the last two years.

Still have 1-3 inches of it here. The golf course over the road has tons still.

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
dave said:
I wasn't moaning, I was simply stating a fact. And I was talking from experience back in 2008 when it snowed and the Piccadilly Line got part suspended due to the snow and therefor ruined my journey. So there.

Anyway, I saw a domino effesct of businessmen slip over as they left my local station today. Even the ticket officer lol'ed.

Dave

CF Legend
Enigma Shadow said:
dave said:
I wasn't moaning, I was simply stating a fact. And I was talking from experience back in 2008 when it snowed and the Piccadilly Line got part suspended due to the snow and therefor ruined my journey. So there.

Anyway, I saw a domino effesct of businessmen slip over as they left my local station today. Even the ticket officer lol'ed.

Oh yeah that was hell, I was meant to be going to Stratford that day, but that was never going to happen! But that was also because it snowed like 6-7 inches during the time the tubes don't run.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
...ok, I retract my previous post. It's REALLY heavily snowing in MK now, like, even though the weather forecast said it wouldn't be snowing at all. Heaviest I've ever seen snow fall by far. May go out and get a picture or two.

EDIT: It's too dark to pick it up well, but here's a pic to show the beauty of the outside of my house:

szbvoh.jpg

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
^^Stratford? Nah, there's no way in hell you'd have made that! Did they try to tell you to go to Enfield Chase? That's what they told me to do, but...surprise surprise, the overground trains weren't working there either. What a coincidence! So that's when I decided to board the 377 bus, which I soon regretted. You must know The Ridgeway, right? It's scary as hell when it's slippery, and the bus was skidding all over the place. Mind you, watching the old people around me freak out was hilarious.

Report says we're meant to have rain this weekend, so...back to normal then XD

jayjay

Giga Poster
Meh. I've lived my life in Cheshire which traditionally doesn't get snow because it's sheltered by mountains. Snow comes along, sees the Pennines, says 'screw it' and dumps itself there. I was looking forward to moving for uni, but now our snow is a pathetic dusting and I've been told Cheshire has a generous amount.

GAH!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
*snorts*

Come Wednesday, and it will be two months since the snow first fell. And stayed. If you really like snow, move to the inland north of the Arctic circle. We don't expect it to be gone until May either. I think I'll grow very tired of it eventually, but it's way better than rain.

This summer, the last snow in the mountains melted on August 26. The first snowfall there was on September 1st.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Ben said:
It's all gone!

Not that we had much of any anyway, but yay!

Its still a good ****ing 5/6 inches here, but its not snow anymore its frozen ice, so it will take FOREVER to **** off.