What's new

Snow.

jokerman

Giga Poster
Still no new snow where I am, despite various facebook posts stating otherwise. There are still big piles of it left from last week though.

I did get caught in a hailstorm earlier...

Nicky

Hyper Poster
Will said:
^
I'm trying to persuade it to go further North, to people who deserve a nasty climate, but I've never been much of a weather whisperer :)

Am I included in that?

Me and Benin will still be trying to get through that snow on Saturday morning too.

tks

Strata Poster
163645_536283299540_272901060_1762254_1172630_n.jpg

As of about 1am ish.

Took an hour and a half to drive what should be a 10 minute journey! Actual lols doing handbrake turns in a minivan on ungritted streets :D

CMonster

Giga Poster
We've gotten like half a foot the last couple of days, not too bad.

It's funny though, the ski resorts are really pushing for the start of the season (basically tomorrow) and Park City Resort were blowing so much snow earlier today that only the very bottom slopes were visible. They had created a virtual cloud over the middle section of the mountains. :lol:

jokerman

Giga Poster
It's a proper blizzard here now. There's not necessarily a lot on the ground, but I've never seen anything like the amount that's currently falling.

The bloke across the road is deseperately trying to clear his drive, but as soon as he moves onto the next patch, the bit he's just done gets covered up. It's rather entertaining to watch.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
My sister has gotten 4 feet over the past 2 weeks, but we only had a dusting earlier this week & now they say there's not much hope of anymore before Christmas. At least there's a good bit on the slopes & it's cold enough to keep the snow making going full time.

Pierre

Strata Poster
East Coast(er) General said:
My sister has gotten 4 feet over the past 2 weeks...

I'd tell her to go see a doctor over that if I was you, definitely doesn't sound normal ;)

And yeah, it finally hit Middlesbrough last night again. ****ing twattttt.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
So we got more snow when we were up in Manchester this weekend, I'd say around 6-7 inches maybe. It a bit of a pain as we needed to come home tonight, but we finally got home this evening. To be honest, the snow doesn't really bother me any more. Anyway, our car did look pretty funky on Saturday morning!
DSC_0083.jpg

I also managed to get a nice one of Dan walking in the snow just behind my Nana's house:
HallLeeBankParklPanorama2.jpg

^ Love that photo!

And yeah, we also got 4-4.5 feet, and you had the same problem as me Hix. We got snow the day I was meant to come home, so it took my mom and stepdad four or five hours to drive to my school which should have only been a little over two, and then it took ages to get home as well.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Nic said:
Martyn said:
Personalised number plates are for bellends.
This.
I would agree, however we got both of them in a special offer... so... I can't complain! :p

Anyway, they're not mine! ;)

A

Anonymous

Spent 2 and a half hours walking home from work on saturday! Not impressed! Had to walk alot of the way again today too :(