What's new

Snow!

Dave

CF Legend
It snowed while I was at a party last week in London. But down south in Portsmouth there is none, just ice.

But I hate snow.

marc

CF Legend
We had rain at work that turned into a blizzard, within 5 mins we had about an inch which was great on the roads that the rain had washed away. 2 hour 30 min drive home with normally takes 45.

I did not clear the roof of my car today and the snow fell down at 70mph and blocked the windscreen, I stopped at a petrol station to clear it put one leg out the car and slipped to the floor. Yes if I had seen it I would have laughed, every time I tried to get up I kept slipping.

Peter

Hyper Poster
I love the snow, and have had great fun up in Norwich and Milton Keynes sliding the car around corners and in car parks. :--D

Journey home tonight was a bit scary though. Got caught in a huge blizzard along the A34 which turned into a 20mph crawl as the snow was settling on the dual-carriage way. Stopped at the services, and then couldn't get back up the slip-road as it was too steep. Cars were getting about half way up before sliding backwards down to the bottom. Probably about 2 hours extra journey time, which whilst annoying, is not as bad as some places are apparently experiencing.

Back in Bournemouth there is nothing. Lots of sleet at the moment and we may catch the edge of the snow storm overnight. I'm hoping to wake up with everything white, but I doubt it. :(

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Snow + Bikes = WIN

DSC_0430.jpg

I'm going to leave out the embarrassing picture of me wiping out...

tks

Strata Poster
^ I like.

It's been properly snowing since about Saturday evening in Manchester and hasn't really let up.. My garden has about 2-3 inches. :D

Walking around Manchester is only just SLIGHTLY perilous. Went to see Avatar last night and epically bailed going down a hill. Perhaps some shoes which have grip on them would be useful.. :lol: Might see if I can go make a snow angel later on. :D

This was my garden at about.. 10am?

16941_525434949720_272901060_1365325_7604508_n.jpg

Sicne then it's just been snowing non-stop.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
This topic needs postings, especially after last night/previous days :)

MK got about 5-7 inches last night, and about a cm more today.

No school = win..but I do hate snow.

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
No school, so I went with a couple of my friends to a big hill in a nearby park, and got wiped off my feet by the pointy end of a fast moving, chav laden kayak! Great fun though. Love it.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
They say on the news now, that all of Norway is covered by snow. There's a layer of it in every municipaty from Lindesnes to Nordkapp, as well as Svalbard and Jan Mayen. Here, we've got about half a metre, and with the temperatures we've got (-18*C), it doesn't look like it's going to melt any time soon. Yay!

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Just been informed my school will be open tomorrow, but an hour later than planned -_-

I might not bother going in...

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ Ok, when you next see me, can you give me 0.05p to cover my taxes paying for you to go to school for that one day? Thanks.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I know. It'll be half empty, cold, and most teachers and student won't turn up...and teachers still get paid.

I might not bother going...if they ask, the weather man told me 'Not to travel unless absolutely necessary...and school isn't necessary' :p

Dave

CF Legend
**** snow. Only gives twats an excuse to pelt strangers with snowballs or ice as it will be tomorrow.

nealbie

CF Legend
That must just be because no one likes you Dave :p

I've never seen strangers pelting people with snowballs ;)

Ploddish

Hyper Poster
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdHEsLdzOng&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

This is why I love snow. Man, I've never wanted more of a go.

Tony

Hyper Poster
Still very little snow down here in the midlands of Ireland, still just severe frost and ice but our schools are closed now until Monday :D .

Was in Dublin earlier and there is snow everywhere with more falling :D . Was nice to see as I'm used to the usual little bit of snow that melts straight away. I can see why people hate it though as Dublin Airport is closed most of the day, they cancelled all Dublin Bus services and the roads are so bad you just couldn't drive on them. Thankfully the trains are still running.

Peter

Hyper Poster
Got the most snow that Ringwood has seen for years today. :--D

Screw doing coursework, i've spent most of the day ignoring warnings from the met office and going out sliding in the car. Did have the back end of the car hit a fence, but no dents or scratches so all's good.

My rally tomorrow had been cancelled though - I would love to have tried it in the snow, although it's probably for the best. :( Instead, we're all going to pile into land rovers and go off-roading in the snow.

Long may it last!

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
The old white stuff has finally got here,we must have been the last place in the country to get some.

It's been light and airy fairy all day,but it got it's act together this evening and threw down some mahoosive chunks,it's piling up nice and deep outside. :--D

Pierre

Strata Poster
Right, it can **** off now I've had enough of the ****ing ****e. Plus we got a massive hail shower at 3am which woke me up.