What's new

Snow!

Pierre

Strata Poster
I don't know what the South has been like but the North has just been **** on by a mega snow shower! It was snowing a little yesterday then this just came down and settled within an hour!

13068_395044965240_636635240_10199759_4501324_n.jpg

13068_395044970240_636635240_10199760_7433126_n.jpg

13068_395045000240_636635240_10199763_6228411_n.jpg

13068_395045010240_636635240_10199764_5523565_n.jpg

13068_395042405240_636635240_10199725_3663634_n.jpg

My dog and nephew are loving it! Everyones getting stuck in the street, just helped push two people out haha!

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Yes, that band is expected to come south and cover most of the UK tonight. Should make what we already have worse *shudders*

I hate snow as it has ruined my life (ie, what happened in Feb), but oh well, I'm just a miserable bastard :p

Ollie

CF Legend
We didn't have that much. A couple of light bits of snow on Wednesday and Thursday that didn't lay, but had a couple of inches yesterday but it's almost all gone now.

I love how in the UK, half a foot of snow is a mega snow shower :p . Last year, our biggest had to be at least two and a half feet, with some spots being five because of how the wind was blowing.

But yes snow is cool. We got a bit last night, but nothing to write home about. Maybe two or three inches.

Ollie

CF Legend
^Lol it's because it is alot for our country. Although when I lived in Wales we used to get over a 100 acres of snow about a foot deep. Was great to have a large area like that just to ourselves with big hills to sled down. :D

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Whenever a single flake of snow falls in the UK, we go into meltdown. We just can't cope with the white stuff. I mean, our school closed because of 2 inches of snow...how stupid is that?

I do hate how we can't cope with weather but most other countries scan...

peep

CF Legend
^^^Yeah, but it's more of a rare thing over here so everyone goes mental about it.

Personally I loathe the stuff, looks pretty but it destroys the public transport system.

Kent was fecked on Friday. Loads of schools and roads were closed and lots of train lines were down. Luckily it wasn't too bad here and I was still able to travel. I'm just hoping the next batch of snow doesn't effect the London meet up tomorrow.

peep

CF Legend
^Oh that's silly. Must be similar to what Kent had. London had a similar story on Friday but it lets off so much heat that by 8am there was nothing there :p

Rach

Giga Poster
We got a tiny bit on Thursday, just as I got in from college thank god.

It has now just decided that it would like to show its ugly face again and is chucking it down.
I hate the bloody stuff, the UK can't cope with it! Public transport dies and you're stuck and either face sitting it out for hours or walking home!

Hate the pissing stuff, it can go away as far as I'm concerned!

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
It's been snowing for a few hours & it's the first flakes of the season. They say we'll have about two feet of fresh powder by this time tomorrow. Time to hit the slopes...

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
Nothing where I live,just the lightest sprinkling on Thursday night.

All we seem to get is rain,which is what has been forecast for tonight. :cry:

RCF

Strata Poster
You guys are lucky to get snow. You don't live in Texas where all it does is ice, and we're still lucky to get ice.

marc

CF Legend
Thursday night was the worst snow storm I have ever seen, we had thunder everything and the power kept going off and on.

The snow has still not gone either and it's now Sunday.

Mark

Strata Poster
The thing is, here in the UK, this "severe" (for the UK!!!) snow happens so rarely it normally brings chaos with it.

I hear people say things like public transport should be better prepared and there should be snow ploughs and etc etc. WHY? Why on Earth should the government spend a whole wodge of cash on the premise that we might get a bit of disruption with the snow... or we might not... We might not see another snow like this for a few years. So in theory it is just a waste of money to buy massive ploughs and all that malarky for something that might not even happen again for several years so they will just sit in a yard... doing nothing!

I say, just enjoy it, or avoid it or whatever.

Personally, I love it, it looks fantastic in photos!

They reckon that we are going to get more tonight as it comes down from the North. Wahoo! I am not working tommorow so if it does, I can go out nice and early and get some fresh unbroken snow photos!