What's new

Six Flags New England | Wicked Cyclone | RMC Iron Horse

CanobieFanatic

Roller Poster
Re: Cyclone at Six Flags New England Closing July 20th

From RMC's FAQ

Who chooses the color for your track, you or the park?
The park always chooses what color they want for the track. We recommend certain colors as some colors require less coats, vary in cost and are fade less etc. But ultimately the park chooses the colors.

I'm inferring that RMC is suggesting this orange color to SFI for the Iron Horses, and it looks like they're taking it.

Intricks

Strata Poster

So a friend of mine was just at SFNE and took a pic of Cyclone. Ummm....if the new height for the lift is anything to go by:

HOLY ****!

pu2u5ady.jpg

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster

Well I think they have to build up because there is such little space to work with. It is against a main road and it is pretty much jammed into a corner so I really can't wait to see the layout, height, speed, and maybe inversions?

EthC

Mega Poster

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEH9BUzfBqk&list=UUXBKOoy8WSXkGKxwJsOKRJg[/youtube]

I have to say this looks amazing!!! This and twisted Colossus look like they could be up there in the polls next year :D

Can someone embed it again... sorry :?

Intricks

Strata Poster

I like this over Cololsus. Also:

Worlds Smoothest Coaster

......wat..... :I

marc

CF Legend

To me it just looks the same as all the other ones and that's my problem with it. Offers nothing new tbh.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Nothing new for an RMC, but looks like a great layout. Eventually I'll get my act together to visit this park!

Also, anyone who has yet to see the video overview:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heMMlRW2TVg&list=UUIxiXRZqUv9zYVM80cz6ZnA[/youtube]

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
marc said:
To me it just looks the same as all the other ones and that's my problem with it. Offers nothing new tbh.

I know what you mean. To me, it looks like a mixture of Medusa and the New Texas Giant. Although, I think it looks like possibly the most solid iron horse one as of yet, despite Twisted Colossus being more unique and visually impressive.

peep

CF Legend
Lol at the world's smoothest coaster line.

It looks like it has some nice moments for an RMC, that stupid inversion where it doesn't flow looks horrific though.

Darren B

Giga Poster
I'VE.JUST.CUM.IN.MY.PANTS. WOOOOOOWWWWW!

Sorry to be so dramatic but this looks incredible! 14! That's 14! Airtime moments. This coaster looks like a longer, better version of Goliath, and Goliath is my number 1 wood.

I honestly cannot wait until next year to get my fat arse on this! : D

steel

Mega Poster

marc said:
It's completely new to 99% of the people who will ever go to Six Flags New England, that's all that matters.

Loving the look of this ride! This one is more appealing to me than New Colossus whatever it's called. I'm glad to see RMC do a more normal sort of layout, actually. That inversion thing under the lift hill though, UNNNFFFF.

Are they doing the whole "world's smoothest" act because Cyclone had a reputation for being rough or something? I've never been to SFNE, I hardly know anything about old Cyclone.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I assume that's why they are saying smoothest.

Every year it's the same. The people who have ridden RMC LOVE IT and those who haven't go, men. It's clockwork. This is a better Giant, which after first ride jumped to tie for first, and then blew past everything in the back row for me. The 200 bank thing looks weird as hell, but considering everyone, myself included, thought the zero g stall was weird, and sideways airtime wouldn't work, and the wave turn wouldn't work, I trust RMC.

I think I prefer this to Colossus at first sight, but I wouldn't be surprised by this time next year my entire top 5 is RMC.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
That is the point of RMC. The flow of their roller coasters looks terrible, elements appear to be non-forming. Yet throughout all of it, the forces work just right to give just the right experience.

That large stall across the layout looks like it will be pretty fun.

CoburnJason54

Roller Poster
Finally! Surprised with how this looks, not how I pictured it. It may be similar to any other RMC, but I live nearby and there are NO nearby RMC's. The closest is probably Goliath, a two and a half hour plane ride away. This park needed something big, and they got it. This ride has a really small footprint and I'm surprised they were able to pull it off. Can't wait!

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
CoburnJason54 said:
Finally! Surprised with how this looks, not how I pictured it. It may be similar to any other RMC, but I live nearby and there are NO nearby RMC's. The closest is probably Goliath, a two and a half hour plane ride away. This park needed something big, and they got it. This ride has a really small footprint and I'm surprised they were able to pull it off. Can't wait!

The park Has Bizazaro. Six Flags Great Escape Needed Something big much more. Or even La Ronde of SFA.

As for the ride itself it's very reminiscent of NTG which just tended to meander a bunch. Not a bad looking ride but i do hope they fix the meandering issue on iron horses

steel

Mega Poster
[tweet][/tweet]
Youngster Joey said:
CoburnJason54 said:

The park Has Bizazaro. Six Flags Great Escape Needed Something big much more. Or even La Ronde of SFA.

As for the ride itself it's very reminiscent of NTG which just tended to meander a bunch. Not a bad looking ride but i do hope they fix the meandering issue on iron horses

Well NTG was their first stab at it and they've had a lot more experience by now. I really loved NTG, but yeah it loses its oomph when you get to the tunnels. I don't necessarily think this is any more reminiscent of NTG than old Cyclone was of old Texas Giant though. Notice that there's no MCBR here. It's much more compact and the elements tend to be lower to the ground. I trust RMC's sense of pacing by now.

As for deserving or not deserving a major coaster, I won't argue that SFA doesn't deserve a million percent better than it gets, or La Ronde for that matter, but remember that SFNE is the only major park serving Boston and Worceseter and Springfield and Hartford and Providence and Manchester. It's a huuuuuge market with surprisingly little activity.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Ugh, why couldn't Cyclone have gotten blue rails like SFMM..... Cyclone has always had blue to it (although the color has changed with repaints) I really would have liked it to keep that aspect. I also could have done without the inversions... but it looks like SFNE will be adding a world class coaster for the first time since 2000. <3

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Coaster Crew has posted a few photos of construction progress on their Facebook page:

10649751_531390023661285_1178220261943219710_n.jpg

10653615_531390036994617_2568589825755447997_n.jpg

10665903_531390056994615_9055680208893459634_n.jpg