What's new

Silent Shout [Raw Version] POV PAGE 4

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Re: Silent Shout Project

Sorry for the slow progress. I've just been moving round, and actually start working full time as a ride operator at Alton Towers ( pay a visit haha).

But yeah I've jut settled down so I thought I'd share this photo. The thing I'm most proud of about this layout is how great the skyline looks.

wingy110609203600000.jpg

Also, I've changed the pathway abit (ignore the texturing, I'm still playing with that) after you enter the queue, you'll be taken down a pathway where the tracks flys over and around you, with a eye level view of the last inversion before it plummets below you. It works alot better than the initial design (going under the dive loop).

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster

What ride are you on? I might be there on Tuesday :)

Anyway, that skyline does look really nice. Not too cluttered but enough to make you think, woah.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

bob_3_ said:
Also, you may notice this would be the only floorless in the world not to include a vertical loop. Whether this risk pays off you'll have to wait and see!
Sorry to be an arse, but: http://www.rcdb.com/2528.htm ;)

I think Hydra is quite fun though, and I'm sure this ride won't suffer without a loop. It's looking awesome.

bob_3_

Giga Poster

^ haha knew I couldn't think of one! Ah well ;)

*subtly deletes comments*

bob_3_

Giga Poster

After numerous re-thinks. Plan changes, trouble with sketch up and alot of neglect the ride has been completely rehauled. With my good friend CrazyCoaster (who also did the scenery for The Red Dragon) now helping me out, the original vision I had for the ride is now taking shape!

All the supports and terrain have been completely built up back from scratch but it's turned out how I want, maybe abit better. I have alot to do still, but with CC taking the wheel with the 3ds work, everything is running full steam ahead. There are a few concepts I hope to add to the ride, for example, on-ride audio similar to Bizzaro. I won't give too much away with the theme, but here's a little teaser.

silentshout110709044247.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Looks almost like a manor house at first glance.

bob_3_

Giga Poster

"Don't worry though, everything is back up to full steam." ok that turned out to be abit of a lie.

Due to extended work hours and Andre going away on holiday and also my computer actually completely dying (don't worry it's quite old and only turned out to be an overheating issue which is fixed now) it's been hard to get stuff done. I have a screen here, but it may not look like alot's changed. This is mainly because I've had to redo every single support but I'm getting close to how it used to be. Also, terrains coming together nicely. Work has been done on the station but I've not actually seen this yet, so I'll keep you updated once that comes to place. I'm looking forward to getting the paths back.

silentshout110803204327.jpg

And a view from the station.

silentshout110719024911.jpg

This is abit outdated though, more supports have been done now.

bob_3_

Giga Poster

Work continues on the station, ignore the texturing for now, it'll be done properly at a later stage. More support and terrain work has been done too.

silentshout110813124411.jpg

bob_3_

Giga Poster

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndisCVmbUq0[/youtube]

You can see the ride in motion abit. Work is not commencing on the surrounding pathways and more supports. Also you can see the logo is coming together.

Ethan

Strata Poster

Can't wait either. It looks so smooth and has an interesting layout :D

bob_3_

Giga Poster

I swear this project it cursed! We've suffered a blue screen of death and lost alot of work again, to add to the list of mishaps *eye roll*

Luckily the project is back up to speed. Half of the ride is supported now (just past where it was when the whole ride had to be re-hauled) , more will go into it once we have a few more paths sorted out. The queue, including an over-spill, fasttrack, and disabled entrance is coming along nicely.

silentshout110822135858.jpg

silentshout110822140007.jpg

Xpress

Strata Poster

Richard, perhaps you need to send the file out to a couple people, hmm?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Looks pretty great. :D

bob_3_

Giga Poster

WELL, things are moving on still, changes are being made but it's moving along. I almost gave up buut I do want to release this so hopefully if i get my head down the next few weeks it'll be done!

Just a few things have changed, due to my terrible sense of scale I've decided to ditch alot of the pathing under the ride by the hammerhead, it doesn't serve any purpose and it was just too big an area! Luckily I've been working on that bit and decided to do some landscaping and I think it looks great and I'm glad that decision was made. The paths now are pretty much completed and just the details are going in now. I've also decided not to release audio with the ride, I'll probably still do it, but release it later on to people who are interested and also on a youtube video.

I decided against it because 1.I'm still learning audio editing and getting some good syncs which is time consuming, and this ride needs no more delays (as if I started it in April) 2. Most people won't bother with the audio as it would take some fiddling to get it to sync and downloading it separately 3.I think this ride is solid and strong enough to be released without it, if I can get across the atmosphere with the theming.

Anyway, although some of the path interaction has been taken out towards the hammerhead, the queue and plaza area will give great views of the whole ride but also interact with the finale. I'm really liking how it's looking atm so I thought I'd just show you what I'm on about.

silentshout110828144620.jpg

Hopefully expect a release in September and an actual name (this is still just the project name).

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

I love the location of that wing over above the queue. Excellent touch.