What's new

Silent Shout [Raw Version] POV PAGE 4

bob_3_

Giga Poster
I've suffered abit of designers block lately =/. But over the past few months I've been drawn to doing floorless coaster layouts. It's alot harder than I thought to get it balanced, but yeah the past week or so I built this, and although I'm still constantly tweeking it, it's starting to make something I like. So Here's just a couple of pictures.

wingy110424074742000.jpg

wingy110424074809001.jpg

Just remember I've not even done a full layout yet! So EVERYTHING is subject to change completely. I don't really have a theme in mind yet but I'm hoping something will come together eventually. Suggestion are very welcome.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Re: B&M Floorless Project

So I sat down and finished off a layout. I'm really happy with it, It may a little tweaking, but hey.

wingy110428060511007.jpg

The second half of the ride twists and turns over and around each other. The shaping of the flatspin look's abit off here, but trust me, it rides right. All flatspins are kind of different as well, after spending weeks watching videos and studying pictures I'm really happy with the result. Flatspins, along with wingovers, are one the hardest elements to get imo!

The terrain is very rough atm, just to accommodate the ride. I don't want it to feel like the terrain interacts with the ride, rather than the ride interacting with the terrain! So I'm going to have a play with that soon.

Hopefully, this ride with include scenery, I'm getting my head round it all now. I'm not giving anything away in terms of theme just yet. So watch this space.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Loving the looks of it. Very sexy looking! I think it's amplified by the blue. <3

I look forward to this being finished.

bob_3_

Giga Poster

Ok firssstly, ignore the aethetics atm. I just did the colour and some foliage to stop working on it looking so boring haha. I've been tweaking trackwork and getting timing right. The terrain shape is coming together though and I have the outline for the ride area and plaza which I'd like to do, but for the time being here is a glimps at the layout and the Kraken style finale.

wingy110505060328000.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Finally, the theme is revealed! :p

Looks good... don't really know what else to say! ;)

bob_3_

Giga Poster

Haha, yes, you cracked the secret code there.

(thanks for the spotting that..)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

You still spelt it wrong. It's 'glimpse'... sorry! :oops:

bob_3_

Giga Poster

Been playing with L Bosch's track connectors.

wingy110512181034006.jpg

This will make supporting quite an epic ordeal. Ah well...

Snoo

The Legend

Aww shame.. I LOVED the blue track.. but black is sexy as well. Keep em coming!

bob_3_

Giga Poster

Aw well the black isn't staying. I changed it because the track connectors are coloured like that and I wanted to see how they blended. I'm not going to change the colour of the connectors untill I have a finalised decision on the colour scheme.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster

I'm loving those track connectors! Where did you get them? I had a google, but the downloads don't exist anymore.

bob_3_

Giga Poster

I'm loving those track connectors! Where did you get them? I had a google, but the downloads don't exist anymore.

L Bosch reposted them.

DOWNLOAD

Be warned though, the hosting site is very advert/popup heavy. I'm really impressed with them, but they take a good while to get the right scale and positioning. It'll take a lot of patience to do an entire ride (stupid Richard for doing a larger scale B&M =(..)

bob_3_

Giga Poster

Just for you Snoo! And a little procrastination/figuring out how to colour the connectors.

wingy110512221528000.jpg

There's an extra support there too =).

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Very very sexy. <3

bob_3_

Giga Poster

I'll be honest, I don't like purple. It's probably my least favourite colour and I really dislike the Bizarro repaint on Medusa. BUT I do like a challenge, and seeing my inspiriation for this ride comes from an album which has a blue/purple cover. I tried this combination expecting it to look ghastly. But if I'm honest, I REALLY like it! Haha, maybe my tastes are changing. You may think "Batman Dark Knight rip off" and all I'm saying to that is "yeah, maybe a little".

Anyway been playing with sketch up for the first time, am quite impressed how easy it is to create something. And although this object here is textureless it did have a texture before, so I'm not ure what happened there. It's also just me seeing how to transfer objects into NL and understanding how to get the right shapes in Sketch Up, so you can pretty much ignore it for now. Although that is where the pathway will be I think..

wingy110518150953005.jpg

Also, added a couple more supports and footers which are in the background there.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Re: Silent Shout Project

A couple more pictures of the zero-g roll! I've got into the swing of path-making on sketch up so I'm just getting the shape to fit round the ride atm.

wingy110522141200005.jpg

wingy110521111950000.jpg

Not advanced enough yet to create any of my theming ideas and station though =(. Also you may notice although B&M tend to shape their immelmans and dive loops similarly on the same ride, my immelman is based alot more on Krake's. I'm not sure if this with effect my score, but it's nice to have a little diversity I think.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Re: Silent Shout Project

Yeah, I agree with Ash. I LOVE the blue! <3