What's new

Roller Coaster TV Programs and News Articles!

Beans

Hyper Poster
Not sure which week but Thorpe Park is one of the venues for Don't Tell the Bride on BBC3, I saw them filming one week when I was there but there are another 10 weeks, but pretty sure it's not next weeks after this weeks preview....

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Next Friday (November 4th) - An Idiot Abroad (Sky One is it?)

Karl Pilkington goes to Fuji Q. The clip only showed him riding Takabisha, and I doubt there'll be more to it than that, but should still be decent to watch.

Beans

Hyper Poster
THORPE PARK Official
Don't Tell the Bride - she's getting married at THORPE PARK! BBC 3's popular show 'Don't Tell the Bride' will tonight feature brave groom Steve attempt to get his blushing bride Kayleigh to ride Stealth before she says 'I Do' - will she go through with it, tune in at 9pm to find out!

That is tonight 1.11.11

We were there when they were filming and they were loud then, have heard it was a very excentric reception, and they didn't actually get married in the park as Thorpe hasn't got a licence to marry on site....

Beans

Hyper Poster
Channel 5 9pm tonight 2.11.2011 looks like Paul Merton (goes to Florida) is going to ride Sheikra

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I was flicking through channels the other day and caught the back end of a program called Ace of Cakes. It's a crappy reality show based in a cake shop.

Anyway, the shop had been commissioned to build a a massive cake, including a working model of a rollercoaster, for the opening of I305. It was pretty impressive actually. The cake was massive, designed to look like a theme park with the roller coaster being the main focal point, going over, around and through the cake.

That's it.

jamesc

Roller Poster
Fairground Attractions

Channel 5 8:00pm-9:00pm (1 Hour) Thursday the 17th of November 2011.

Season 1 Episode 1 of 6.

New series. The world of travelling fairs, meeting some of the families who have been in the business for generations. Anna Carter and her sons, of Carters Victorian Steam Fair, receive a royal visitor when they roll up in Wiltshire, and Henry Danter, owner of Treasure Island funfair, introduces viewers to his heirs - children Kimberley and Harry. Third family the Couplands are gearing up for the grand opening of Mitcham Fair in London. But with preparations well under way, they hear widespread rioting and looting have broken out in the capital, meaning the event may have to be cancelled.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Right now on Channel 5, a documentry on Fairgrounds.... its quite a good watch actually.

Its going to be on every Thursday at 8pm for a few weeks.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
If only someone would have come into the topic a couple of days beforehand to give some prior warning about this fairground documentary series...

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Martyn B said:
Right now on Channel 5, a documentry on Fairgrounds.... its quite a good watch actually.

For once, Ipswich and Norwich fans both agree on something. Only caught half an hour of it but it was actually pretty good.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Thekingin64 said:
Martyn B said:

For once, Ipswich and Norwich fans both agree on something. Only caught half an hour of it but it was actually pretty good.
I think this is the same thing I caught up with it over the holidays - it's called Fairground Attraction and follows different carnie families as they move around the country. The show had a whole bit on Hyde Park Winter Wonderland and the fixing of Air. It was actually quite good for a channel 5 program!

mouse

Giga Poster
All channel 5 pomigranets have basically the same format, it worked quite well on this. :)
Edit: Yay for autocorrect!!!

the king

Mega Poster
I was looking around the net, and found this interesting video talking on the making of B&M track. Shame I can't find the whole documentary.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSl5MMlJIho[/youtube]

davidm

Strata Poster
New series of Scream If You Know The Answer starts next Sunday (UK), but its at SFMM instead and seems to be a co-production with that US version that was posted a few pages back...

http://uktv.co.uk/watch/homepage/sid/9168

i.e. its still got that Duncan bloke and seems to be 50/50 UK minor celebs and US minor celebs.

And its got a new name "Scream Extreme" it seems.

(this info comes c/o random junk TV watching on a rainy bank holiday)