What's new

Roller Coaster Trivia Thread

TilenB

Strata Poster
China does have a lot of coasters, but not Wacky Worms. But it is sort of close in political terms ;)

Ireeb

Mega Poster
Well, does anyone have another idea? I have no clue and if nobody else knows the answer, perhaps we should reveal the answer and have another question...

TommyAlex

Mega Poster
Ok. Both Valleyfair and Six Flags Magic Mountain were home to the only coasters built by International Amusement Devices (according to RCDB) after they became IAD, Colossus and High Roller.

TilenB

Strata Poster
^ Agreed, I'd never make a connection between the two, considering IAD was only the designer of High Roller and Rauerhorst Corporation was the actual builder. Or at least that's what rcdb says... But if we are going by that, then we can say Stengel is the most prolific roller coaster in the history, but we all know nobody would ever state that. Although I'm open to correction, if anybody knows whether IAD's role on High Roller wasn't just designing the ride. :)

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
^They also apparently made the trains. So it's really like what Gravity Group and M&V are doing right now, Gravity Group designs the ride and trains, M&V build and manufacture it.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
I'll take a wild guess and say Alpenexpress Enzian because that was the first time I heard about that, but I wouldn't be surprised if some other park had it before.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Where did the Reverchon spinner, that got upgraded to Spinning Coaster XXL last season, start its life at?