What's new

Roller Coaster Trivia Thread

TilenB

Strata Poster
Which company has represented Schwarzkopf in (at least some of) the international markets back in 1980s?

TilenB

Strata Poster
^ Yeah, I meant Intamin. They were representing Schwarzkopf as a company. Zierer and BHS only stepped in after Herr Schwarzkopf's company closed its doors and did also build the coasters. That's why the likes of Olympia Looping and Lisebergbanan aren't technically products of Schwarzkopf company, but rather of Zierer/BHS, with Schwarzkopf 'only' as a designer of the ride. That's from what I can gather, I am open to any correction, though.
Your turn Ireeb. :)

Ireeb

Mega Poster
Who found the shape of classic loops as we know them today? Bonus point for technical term of that shape (not "teardrop")

TilenB

Strata Poster
^^ Italy is technically most probably correct when you count in all of the travelling ones as well. But those are rather hard to keep track of, so I'd rather focus on what rcdb has in their database. UK and Italy are indeed 2nd and 3rd when you count the ones that are in fixed parks, but there is one country that still has more. ;)

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Have you checked all the manufacturers with rcdb? There are a lot which make big apple coasters.

TilenB

Strata Poster
No, it's not in North America. That country alone has more Wacky Worms than whole of North America. :)