What's new

Rides you miss

slappy mcguire

Mega Poster
The Bullet, Magnum force, and yes, again the Mine Train at AA, and the Black hole. Dark roller coasters are sadly becoming something of an endangered species, and it doesn't surprise me ni the slightest so many people miss that one in particular.

dj-fireball999

Mega Poster
I also forgot to say Extra Terrorestrial Alien Encounter at Walt Disney World. Replaced with a ridiculous Stitch's Great Escape! Which is a large pile of Vomit. It uses many of the same effects as Alien Encounter, but doesn't compare to it at all in my opinion. Alien Encounter is the only time that I have ever been truly scared on a ride.

It closed down because parents complained about it being too scary for their children, even though there were many warning signs and a height restriction. If it's too scary, don't let your bloody kids go on it!

Stupid Disney, being child friendly. We need thrills damn it!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
slappy mcguire said:
The Bullet, Magnum force

Indeed, two of the best coasters the UK has ever seen, even if The Bullet occasionally squashed your shoulders. Flamingoland did the right thing by getting rid of the (very costly) fairground rides, but it seems the replacements don't even come close.

marc

CF Legend
dj-fireball999 said:
I also forgot to say Extra Terrorestrial Alien Encounter at Walt Disney World. Replaced with a ridiculous Stitch's Great Escape! Which is a large pile of Vomit. It uses many of the same effects as Alien Encounter, but doesn't compare to it at all in my opinion. Alien Encounter is the only time that I have ever been truly scared on a ride.

It closed down because parents complained about it being too scary for their children, even though there were many warning signs and a height restriction. If it's too scary, don't let your bloody kids go on it!

Stupid Disney, being child friendly. We need thrills damn it!

I have to agree that is one attraction that scared me, I had no idea what it was about at the time. I think they were right to replace it, to many adults and kids were scared. I am very pleased I got to go on it though.

bazpa

Hyper Poster
Virginia Reel at Blackpool - that ride was a real beauty and always missed.

Also I agree with Richie about G-Force at Fantasy Island, I'd love to be able to ride it with a glasses strap on and actually be able to see everything.

The Whip at Blackpool - maybe one day a chance for another go on that if I ever get to Margate.

Only the Reel is truly gone forever and can never be replaced. Even if they did build a new version someday the restraints would make it a different ride.

A

Anonymous

i was sad to see all of Southport Pleasureland go! particularly the Cyclone which was my first rollercoaster! :(

A

Anonymous

I'm still missing Corkscrew, Alton just doesn't feel the same without it. :( Black Hole too.

A

Anonymous

corkscrew and i wish i could have been on space invader 2 at blackpool and black hole