What's new

Rides you miss

Ollie

CF Legend
What rides have you been on that you liked that aren't open any more.

My top two would be Black Hole and Bone Shaker/Energizer. Both were great fun rides and sad to see go from the park.
Also I used to enjoy that Action Man assault Course that used to be at Chessie.

Emmett

Giga Poster
Cyclone and TraumaTizer from Southport I really miss. Best fun I've ever had on 2 coasters were them two. Infusion is not the same at Blackpool, it suited more a smaller park like Southport.

Snoo

The Legend
^Agreed.

Also.. Dominator at Geauga Lake. While it did move, isn't 30 minutes from my house anymore.

Homer

Hyper Poster
Kongfrontation at USF. While the Mummy is an equally as good ride, there was something fun about being shaken around by a big ape and one of the most immersive dark rides I've been on.

While on the USF nostalgia train, I also miss Nickelodeon Studios because that slime geyser and "This program was filmed in front of a live studio audience at Nickelodeon Studios in Universal Studios Florida" at the end of a lot of my favorite shows growing up. :cry:

Jools

Giga Poster
Corkscrew and Black Hole equally :cry: Probably Black Hole more as it hasn't been replaced yet or there havn't been any plans to, probably because of the Ropers.

Crow

Mega Poster
The Black Hole was an amazing ride. Much better then Rita or Spinball and I miss it greatly.

RIP :(

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
Storm at Botton's Pleasure Beach. I've had many memories on it and I thought it was better than Rockin' Roller. :(

EDIT: Just remembered I also miss Nightmare Niagara and the Runaway Train that were at American Adventure. Never rode Twin Looper or The Missile.

DOUBLE EDIT: Can't believe I forgot about Black Hole and Corkscrew. Such a sad loss. :(

Lucy

Hyper Poster
I'd have to say Black Hole too - an awesome ride that's much missed.

I also miss the rides at Wonderland in Sydney - a great theme park that I'd loved to have gone back to but it had closed by the time I made my second trip to Australia in 2006.

marc

CF Legend
Thunder Looper simple as that really, that area just does not look right without it and it was such a good ride.

Ben

CF Legend
Black Hole for sure.

I never rode Thunder Looper, so, can't really miss it!

I didn't miss Alton Mouse because I didn't ride it there. But, I've ridden it since and it's bloody awesome! They should have kept it at Alton!

I can't think of anything else I miss... not really Corkscrew, I must say...

AeRo

Hyper Poster
Black Hole and Runaway Train at American Adventure - it ripped the Mack Mine Trains to shreds.

I guess that, in time, I will miss Vertigo too, for its' uniqueness.

marc

CF Legend
Yeah I was going to say the Black Hole as well, and yes Areo 100% agree about the Runaway Train.

Ben yes your right about the Mouse I wish they kept it.

Space Station Zero was also alot better than the Fish even though its the same coaster.

AeRo

Hyper Poster
Last I heard was that James Mellors bought it, but I can't see it on the fair circuit. :?

AeRo

Hyper Poster
Ah Nightmare Niagara I was on it in 1992 and it was really good. Sadly I didn't get back to the park until 2004 or 2005.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
black hole, and the beast at alton (miss those more than thunder looper), as well as alton mousey
great yarmouth's water chute
those are the only coasters i've ridden, now retired, that I really miss (BPBs roller coaster may be on the list soon though :( )

other rides - BPB's log flume
the old haunted house at towers
1001 knights - towers

Dominator at Geauga Lake, for sure.

I had so many chances to ride it when I was younger, and when I finally worked up the nerve to go on it, I loved it, but I only rode it a few times even though it was a walk on! Then, the sad day came when they removed it.