What's new

Rides you miss

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Big Dipper at Geauga Lake. Raging Wolf Bobs and The Villain not so much.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
The Crazy Loop at Pleasure Island! Pinfari crap at it's best!

I rode it at Brean last year for the first time for 8 years and it was so nostalgic! I remember looking at that coaster when I was like 7 and being amazed by it.

Toyland Tours extremely. Sometimes when a decent attraction leaves it can be half compensated by something almost as good. Charlie comes nowhere near Toyland Tours.

The Black Hole I miss, but not an awful lot to be honest. The queue was always so long so I didn't ride it as much as say Toyland Tours, which was always the 'dinner' attraction in which you can sit down for a bit, have a bit of munch and soak in the awesomeness. Sonic was much better lived there.

There are many more attractions that I wish I had ridden that I no longer can, but those are the ones I really miss.

divvie_dave

Mega Poster
Back to the Future :-(, admittedly it has been replaced with an amazing ride, but.... Back to the Future :-(

To be fair, I don't think i've been an enthusiast for long enough (10 years) to have seen many of my favorite rides go. But I guess it won;t be long till some of my real favorites are gone forever. All the classic rides at the Universal Parks (Jaws, E.T.), I don;t think they will be around for that much longer. And then there are rides that we have already heard rumors of not being around for much longer like Vampire at Chessie...

I guess its almost lucky that my iconic rides are still around for the time being

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
All of Cedar Point's flume rides.

Their removals have been for good causes (Mill Race for Raptor, White Water Landing for Maverick), but I still miss the feel of a good old-fashioned flume ride.

Shoot the Rapids is entertaining, but still lacks the nostalgia and just seems too clinical.

pebs34

Roller Poster
I miss the original Looping Star at Dreamland Margate. My first ever loop. It took me 3 years to pluck up the courage to ride it. I was the hooked for life.
The other ride is Alien Encounter at the Magic Kingdom. Scared the crap out of me. And to think they replaced it with Stitch.

Jake

Strata Poster
The Crypt at Drayton Manor. If you don't remember, it was a fab ghetto ghost train next to Pirate Adventure. I THINK there's now an indoor play area there? But for years after it closed it was just benches </3.

Artichoke

Mega Poster
It may not be a coaster. But, I miss the Maliboomer at Disneyland. I don't think anybody understands how bad I want that **** back.

Mr. X

Roller Poster
Horzons at Epcot is definitely the ride I miss the most. 2nd place is the original Journey Into Imagination.