What's new

RCT3 Help, Information and Requests

Sax Man

Mega Poster
Have u updated the latest version of RCT3?

go to start > programs > Atari > roller coaster tycoon 3 > Check for updates.

If that doesnt work, I would try uninstalling soaked and wild, and reinstalling soaked then wild.

it looks like a problem with some VIP staff. You might want to check out the atari rct3 forum at www.atari.com. They have alot of information there.

Atari forums might be your best bet, you could also try googleing it.

When exactly do you get this error?

So, theirs more then one error?
Is there a trend to where the files are located?

Hopefully that helps,
good luck.

00 Tom 00

Roller Poster
ok try this one. i have got wild and soaked now. got them for xmas. when i see people post pictures of their parks i see loads of new types of inversions and angles. take the banked loop for example. in my rct3 game the new rollercoasers and rides are there. thats fine. but there arent any additional loops; such as the banked loop. whats going on?

Sax Man

Mega Poster
Good question.

I have soaked and wild also, and when I first tried that I couldn't find it. But, I havent really done a lot of coaster building with wild. All I mainly did was look at the new coaster types.

Right now, all I would say is mess around with building a coaster. I'll try that when I go into RCT3 today, and post what I found.

If anyone has more insight please post!

Okay, so when I finally got my RCT3 fixed, I shut down, retarted and the computer screen turned white.

So I went and got it fixed and now my mom thinks the same thing is going to happen when I install it again.. Is there any way I can re install it where it wouldn't do that??

Sax Man

Mega Poster
Tom: Yea, i couldnt find the diagonal stuff, so idk. I can look into it some more later.

LFTL- When did the screen turn white? Like, right when you pressed the button it turned white, or what happened before it turned white?

Sax Man

Mega Poster
Well, now that I feel like an idiot..lol..I asked fool, and we have an answer!

What to do:
"you need to get the extended coaster, and then change train type"

Well, that fixes our problem :p.

00 Tom 00

Roller Poster
Sax Man said:
Well, now that I feel like an idiot..lol..I asked fool, and we have an answer!

What to do:
"you need to get the extended coaster, and then change train type"

Well, that fixes our problem :p.

*hits head against table*

well at least i got an answer in the end. :)

Well, Saxman, the game was working perfectly fine until I shut down and restarted. The computer would just come on, it would show the loading screens for the computer to reboot then there would be a menu with 4 choices (keep in mind, this is the computer REBOOTING not the RCT3 game), safe mode, normal and other things, so I tried them all and after I tried them all I realized they all came out as the same thing.. A grey screen, and the computer in general just wouldn't come on.

So I went to get it fixed, which BTW my mom made me pay $50, the man said it was, indeed, RCT3 that was the problem.

Sax Man

Mega Poster
Hmm..that's weird.

I guess just look at the RCT3 specs, compared to your computer specs to find the problem.
But, that's weird.
good luck!

Sax Man

Mega Poster
You download it from somewhere, then put it in the folder:
C:\Program Files\Atari\RollerCoaster Tycoon? 3\Style\Themed
(the scenery should be in their respected folders)

The location might be different, depending on if you changed where you installed it. Most of the time that's where it's installed.

Most of the custom scenery packs come with instructions on how to install them, or sometimes an installer.

The ultimate list of custom scenery can be found here:
http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/sh ... p?t=499898

If you have wild, the scenery needs to support it. it's noted on that page.

Steelworxs (custom supports) is where you can start.
Link: http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/sh ... did=477830
it has an automatic install method, and an manual install method.

Hopefully this helps!

A

Anonymous

Thanks it sounds hard but I will try it and when im finished I will post it on here.

A

Anonymous

It's not just the modelling.

Transferring the textures, options, object, light points and stuff into the game to one file is also very tricky. But if you think you have the patience and skill (and will all take a long time to do) go for it.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Question = How do I get my security to look after my VIPs? Whenever they come in they get swarmed with people and run off, and they keep saying "Call Security" but I don't know how to! Any help would be appreciated.

Sax Man

Mega Poster
hmm...good question.

I havnt really done a lot with peeps, mainly just park buildings.

Have you tried putting security guards around the VIPs?
I think their might be an option to where guards can stay with VIPs.

Their might be something on the atari forum.

But, again thats just a guess, good luck and hopefully I was of some help!