What's new

RCT3 Help, Information and Requests

Sax Man

Mega Poster
You can get a firework effect that does it.

But, it comes with RCT3:Soaked.
Its under general scenery, and uncheck all the red boxes at the bottom of the box.

Hopefully that helps,
good luck!

A

Anonymous

Hey Sax Man!

I have recently had problems with my rct3 and I tried reinstalling it, but that just made things worse, as now the game won't start, instead, it comes up with this message.
badversion4.jpg

Do you know anything of this problem? Would you happen to know how to fix it?

Thanks! :D

Sax Man

Mega Poster
What does the Debug.log file say?

I went to google and found this:
Why do I receive an Application error 'Bad Version:4' after reinstalling RCT3/Soaked?

This is usually caused by not uninstalling the beta completely. You should uninstall RCT3 and then ensure that all files and folders have been deleted from the installation folder. You should then reinstall RCT3.

Hopefully that helps, good luck!

A

Anonymous

Ahh I get it. I'll try that next time I have time.
Does this mean that i should delete all my parks aswell?

I've been able to wpork my RCT3 fine, except lately when I've been going to play it says ..
Bad Version: 4
Erorr sent to debug.log

I really want to get back to playing it.. Please help !! And I already got a new video card, and it worked fine for a while, now it's back to being stupid. :cry:

Yes Sax Man, I do have Soaked, and that IS the error I'm experiencing. I don't really know what I was doing game-wise at the time of the breakdown, but I don't think I ever un installed anything before this past week when I started encountering problems. :roll:

Sax Man

Mega Poster
Was it working with soaked?
Do you have wild?

(for xp, should be pretty much the same as others)
go into control panel then
add or remove programs
and look for "rct3 soaked' in the list that pops up.
is it on there?

Sam

Giga Poster
What the **** is up with the extended coaster in Wild!?

I only have the BETA tester version of the game but I don't think that would make a difference...

Firstly, I can only have tiny trains as in 4 cars per train max

Secondly, the inversions are all buggered, it's impossible to do a cobra roll because after the half loop the corkscrew goes up instead of down... if that makes sense, and the dive loop doesn't work because it brings the track out on a bloody diagonal!! Whats up with that?

Sax Man

Mega Poster
that..sounds weird.

Did you make your station as long as it could go, and finish the ride?
that might do it.

What coaster type are you useing?

Maybe try different inversions.
idk, its weird.

A

Anonymous

I emailed atari about the bad version thing that i'm having, they were no help. At all. Not a sausage.

A

Anonymous

:D :D :D It's fixed now, But now i can't get soaked to install, It comes up with something that says I need to run the RCT3 Uninstaller to remove Soaked, But i'm trying to add it... Any help?

Sorry for all the spamming of your Topic :( I wouldn't if I could.

Sax Man

Mega Poster
Is RCT3 installed?

try reading this:
http://www.sluniverse.com/forums/Topic5 ... spx#bm6319
http://www.ina-community.com/forums/sho ... did=486544

From Frontier:
Why won't Soaked install on my computer?

In some cases the copy protection software has trouble accessing the CD/DVD drive. This is believed to be a problem with XP and the latest Windows update only. You should try the following steps:

1. With the RCT3: Soaked! CD in, explore it and right-click on the setup.exe file and select properties.
2. At the top of the Properties box select the 'Compatibility' tab.
3. Check the box marked "Run this program in compatibility mode for:".
4. Use the drop-down menu right below this and select Windows 2000.
5. Click apply, then ok, and then try running the setup.exe file.

Thanks to ITinnovations on the Atari forums for the above solution.
http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/sh ... did=477708

Why do I receive an Application error 'Bad Version:4' after reinstalling RCT3/Soaked?
This is usually caused by not uninstalling the beta completely. You should uninstall RCT3 and then ensure that all files and folders have been deleted from the installation folder. You should then reinstall RCT3.
--
dont worry about spam, this is what the forum is made for.
This is what this forum is made for :D

A

Anonymous

Thanks, I tried that thing in your post, it didn't work, but i went onto tha atari community forums, and it had this thing for it. I followed the instructions and am waiting and praying that it will work.

Page 3 of this topic

Thanks for all of your support!

Sax Man

Mega Poster
Yea, that page is full of information.

Liveforthelaunch: You might want to read that.

No problem for the help, hopefully it will work!

jayjay

Giga Poster
Sax man (dude), where are the wma files kept for the existing music because I want to use a couple of the rock files for a rollercoaster video.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Sorry if this has already been discussed but I couldn't be bothered to read the four pages of info. I recently got RCT3 Soaked! and Wild! I installed Wild! first because I lost Soaked! for a while, but then I found it (phew). When I installed Wild! the gane worked perfectly after and ran normally, but then when I installed Soaked! and tried to run the game I just got bombarded with error upon error and had to exit the game. This happens every time I try to play now and I don't know what to do. I've downloaded a patch that might help but I'm still stuck. Any ideas? There is a screen of the error below.Thanks in advance.

error1wf.jpg